Everything's Changing.

Everything was changing.

Peter the rest of the team had grown apart. Everyone had.

Ever since HYDRA had reopened for business and Fury had sent them more and more missions, no-one had time just to talk, not about a mission anyway.

Peter had joined the team when he was 20, he'd now been with the team 5 almost 6 years. He barely talked to Aunt May, and whenever he got the chance, it would only by for just over a minute. 

Nothing felt the same, the only time they would be able to not be on a mission was when they were sleeping. And for the most part, that was usually on missions too.

The last time they had all had a meal together, in the same room and talking was probably over 6 months now. After it hit the two month mark, people stopped counting. 

They had been put on so many missions, either just in partners or on their own. They had forgotten that they actually had lives that they could live. And should be living.

Recently, it had taken its toll on everyone. 

Peter included.

It was 10 pm at night and he pulled his car up in the small parking lot of the hiking trail. Even though he would be better off heading to bed ready for the next day and probably another briefing on a mission which he would be placed on in a couple of days, he decided to get out and lock his car shut.

Walking through the small clearing in the wood, he came across a small lake with a small dock. Luckily, it was a clear night and you could see the reflection of both the moon and the stars in the water, aswell as a couple of trees. 

The only thing that lit the place up was the brightness of the moon, other than that, it was completely dark. 

He slowly walked down to the bottom of the decking before sitting down, allowing his legs to dangle over the water.

He missed the days were he would be able to spend time which his family or friends, and he knew he wasn't the only one. He never said anything since he knew everyone was in the same boat, but he just wished that at some point the could reach land.

He just stayed there, sitting and watching the water stay still, the glistening of the stars could be seen in the water. 

He didn't know how long he'd been sat there, but after a while his senses gave a small tingle at the back of his neck. On cue he could hear soft footsteps coming down the dock.

"Oh, sorry" said a gentle voice, "I didn't think anyone would be here"

Peter looked over his shoulder and saw Michelle Jones. The same girl he'd seen at SHIELD every now and then, also the same girl he had been at school with.

Michelle use to work at a local highschool teaching English, but then she had gotten a call from SHIELD asking if she could help them out, she never knew anything different after that. She became an undercover agent for SHIELD, and was one of their best.

Peter just gave a soft smile before turning back to the water. She continued on walking down before placing herself next to Peter on the dock.

"Not that it's a bad thing, but why are you here?" She asked him

He gave a small sigh before answering, "Escaping?"

"Why do you not sound so sure?"

"Because it's unclear"

Michelle looked towards the water admiring the moon and stars before talking, "I've not seen much of you at HQ, is everything okay?"

"I think. All of us, we've been placed on mission after mission and haven't seen one another for..i don't even know how long, we all stopped counting after month two"

Michelle voice lowered, "That can't be good"

"It's not" Peter replied.

Michelle asked, "Have you ever though of maybe taking a vacation?"

"Are you kidding? With HYDRA back up and running, we're still trying to find their main operator, the last I heard from Steve and 'Tasha was last month, they're still alive, thankfully. But there's no chance of catching a break, not until HYDRA'S down once and for all, but they never seem to pissing die"

Peter sighed and Michelle spoke, "When did it all get so complicated?"

"I know" Peter agreed. "One minute we're in highschool and trying to savor our last moments, the next...we're here" 

"Hey, do you remember when Ned asked Betty to prom in that spot over there" Michelle asked him pointing across the river

Peter laughed, "Yeah. We were both sat here watching it all happen, he was so nervous."

The pair started laughing before calming down once again.

Peter turned to her, "What about you? What are you doing here this late?"

Michelle shook her head with a searching sigh, "You said it yourself. Work's hectic, and I've been trying to keep clear of my apartment"

"Why?" Peter asked her

"My roommate, she's just got a new boyfriend so..."

Peter chuckled, "Ooh, that must be tough"

"Tell me about it." 

The pair sat by the water for a while longer, just staying in a comfortable silence for a while.

"What happened?" Michelle asked

Peter looked towards her, "What'd you mean?"

"What I mean is, what happened to the world? To everyone? To us?"

Peter replied, "Everything's Changing. Maybe we need to change with it?"

"How though?" She questioned looking towards him.

That was when Peter looked right at her before taking hold of her hand in his and lifting it up.

"Together."