Sweet Dumb Farm Kid

Peter is 17 and Sam and Bucky decide to set him up on a date.

///

"You've done what?" Bucky asked Sam again.

Sam smiled. "I've got Peter a date, some blonde girl I've seen down by the office. She's Peter's age and it was the perfect opportunity. Plus, she made me."

Bucky raised an eyebrow, "How did she make you?"

"I asked her if she wanted a date with a kid I knew and she said yes."

Bucky rolled his eyes, "God, you're unbeliveable. How did you even know if Peter would say yes?"

Sam stayed silent.

"Peter does know, doesn't he?" Bucky asked slowly.

Sam stayed slient.

"Oh for god sake." Bucky swore, "You haven't told him yet?"

"I'm going to. When i find him?"

Someone walked in, "Find who?"

"Just the man!" Sam cheered as he saw it was Peter.

"Oh no. What've you done now? Does Steve know? Oh god, you know I'm not getting invloved." Peter said before turning to leave but Sam stopped him.

"No, we haven't done anything."

"Yet." Peter mumbled.

"I've found you a date."

Peter paused. "You've done what now?"

Sam smiled, "I've found you a date, a girl who works down by the office where I do my talks. She's your age and to be honest I've never actually seen you go out on a date like...ever."

"Sam. I'm not going. You can forget about it."

"Peter. Please just trust me on this. You'd like her."

Peter shook his head, "Last time you said that I ended up having to call Steve to ask him to help me cut you and Bucky down from the climbing ropes in the training room."

"I thought we agreed to never speak of that moment again." Sam warned, "Anyway. Please, it's just one date. You don't have to see her again, just go on the date."

Peter rolled his eyes with a sigh before looking at Bucky.

"Hey, don't look at me. I thought he'd already told you."

Peter groaned before looking back at Sam, "Okay. Fine. When is it?"

"Tomorrow night." Sam smiled

"Okay fine. Where is it?"

Sam shrugged, "That's up to you. Here's her number, call her and arrange it."

Peter plucked the card from his hands before giving another internal groan. He just hoped Sam would be right with this because last time he trusted him, it didn't exactly end well.

Two days later, Peter had gone on the date and had enjoyed his time, as did she.

However someone wasn't so happy.

Bucky and Steve walked into the lounge to find Sam and Peter in a heated discussion or rather...argument.

"You're just a sweet dumb farm kid who goes with the first pretty girl who flashes him a smile." Sam said walking away slightly.

Peter protested. "I'm from New York City!"

"That town ain't so tough!" Sam justified, "Look, sweetie, I'm just trying to look out for you alright."

Steve was confused, "What's going on?"

Peter sighed and looked towards Steve, "Sam's not happy because I'm going out on another date."

"She's not right for him."

"You set us up!" Peter raised his voice.

Steve turned to Bucky, "Is this the same girl who we saw the other day at the children's centre?"

Around a week ago, Steve, Bucky and Natasha had been driving back from a mission and Pepper had called them asking them if they could pick Morgan up on the way back since Tony had to stay in a meeting since he'd missed the last, what felt like, 330.

They agreed and pulled up outside of her school.

When they walked in they could see Morgan playing with one of the employees who worked at her school. By the colour of her polo shirt she was one of the interns who was doing the course since it would give her extra credit for collage. According to the head of the centre, she told them that the girl who was playing with Morgan was one of the best they'd ever seen and they would take her on full time but she'd told them that she wanted to finish collage and become a paramedic or something within medicine.

"So she's got a full plan then?" Natasha asked.

"Oh yes." The head nodded.

The young girl, Autumn, helped Morgan gather her stuff together before waving goodbye to her as she left with her aunt and two uncles.

Bucky nodded at Steve's question.

"Sam. She's a good kid. Why don't you want Peter to go out on another date with her?" Steve asked him.

"Because...I heard her talking to satan!"

Peter rolled his eyes, "When?"

"While I was at work. She's a Witch! And not a good with like Glenda but a baaad Witch like with the monkeys."

"Oh for god sake." Peter mumbled.

"What?" Sam asked.

Peter looked back up from his head which layed in his hands, "She wasn't talking to Satan and she's not a witch! She was on the phone to her friend, Santana."

Bucky gave a confused look, "How do you know?"

"Because I was meeting up with her when she got called into one of the rooms by Santana. When she came back out she said she'd seen Sam burst in, give a weird and confused look before giving her and Sanata both an evil glare as if to say "I'm watching you" and then close the door behind him."

Steve tilted his head slightly, "I thought she worked at Morgan's school?"

"She does, her sister works in Sam's building. She goes there when she clocks off from work."

Both Steve and Bucky looked towards Sam.

"What?"

"Did you think for maybe just even a second, that she wasn't worshiping the devil."

Sam shrugged, "Well not until now, no."

Peter rolled his eyes, "I'm going on a second date, and a piece of advice, maybe check the name tags of people before you start thinking they're called Satan."

"Look Peter, I'm sorry."

Peter sighed, "No, it's okay. Your intentions were in the right place."

"So...we good?"

"Yeah, we're good. Just, never dive into a room again, you scared the crap out of me."

Sam shrugged, "I thought you had your spidey sense?"

"Yes. For threats."

The pair gave a small chuckle, "Right, I'm going to go and try and find Autumn, I just hope you haven't scared her off."

"If she's the right one, Sam wouldn't have scared her off." Steve encouraged.

Peter smiled before leaving the room.

Luckily, after today the only room dives Sam would be doing was when he was on a mission.