Brooklyn

Requested by: Spideycarpenter

Also Peggy is alive, she was in the crash with Steve and the pair had gotten married 2 years after joining the team of Avengers. Just go along with it.

///

Peter had been on the team of Avengers for a while, he couldn't exactly remember when he had joined but he had.

As of August just passed, he had turned 24.

And even though he was a grown adult. He still had trouble telling people things or making decisions. Decisions such as what to tell Michelle Jones. He'd been crushing on her for a while but always made sure to keep it hidden. Certain things he wasn't so good at hiding, but this he was.

She had left for a mission with Peggy and Clint. Odd pairing but it seemed to work. It was an odd mission. Even Hill and Fury didn't want to fully explain what had happened.

Before Peggy left for the mission she came to Peter and told him that he should tell Michelle the truth. He was shocked at how she knew but also wasn't as surprised. It was like she had mothers intuition. It was scary. Good, but scary.

Little to Peter's knowledge she had told Michelle the same thing while they were away on the mission. She watched the pair as they said goodbye to one another. To anyone else it would see like nothing but Peggy could see it. It was like two awkward teens crushing on one another and wanting to tell the other one but couldn't and to be fully honest, it wasn't that far away from the truth. Just change the ages.

Peter couldn't sleep that night. So like every other night, he quickly grabbed his jacket and a baseball cap before heading out from his bedroom widow. Even though he spent most of his time at the tower, he still kept an apartment incase he ever needed it. Like an escapism, sort of.

As he crouched at the top of one of the buildings at the edge of Queens, nearing Brooklyn. He listened to the semi quiet streets until Karen's voice rang from his phone so only he could hear.

"There seems to be a situation a few blocks away."

Peter thanked the AI before rushing and swinging in the direction of the problem.

He quickly helped prevent said problem before he quickly left. It had been a small robbery. Nothing out of the ordinary, webbed a couple of guys to the walls before they could even get in.

They hadn't spotted him so he was okay. He continued on down the road, he decided to walk since he had nothing else to do. And in all honesty he was glad he walked because less then 5 minutes later, a car came speeding out of no-where. Even Peter's senses hadn't picked up on it until the car was a little away from crahing into a nearby building.

The car started with a fire in it engine. Anyone who was nearby quickly rushed over including Peter. Peter took a quick look inside the car, a small child was in the back, she could only be around 4 years old give or take a couple of months. A man was in the front of the car, blood coming from his hands and head, glass shattered everywhere.

"Someone call an ambulance!" Peter shouted out as opened the door the child was at. Someone else was trying to get the man to respond to make sure he wasn't dead.

It was a few hours later, while Peter sat in the hospital. The man was placed in surgery straight away. The young child was lay on the hospital bed. She hadn't been hurt too badly. She was shook up quite a bit and had a couple of cuts but the doctors wanted to keep her in over the next two days for monitoring.

By the ID they found on the man's person, they child had no other family but him. Her father. The same man who they were trying to save.

Peter didn't know why, but something made him stay in that hospital those few days. He'd gotten the child talking. Something which none of the nurses could do.