Adoption

"You ready?" Steve asked as he looked towards his husband

"As I'll ever be" Tony answered

They'd be married for a while and had been considering options of either adoption or surrogacy, but they were leaning closer to adoption. 

They had come to the conclusion that they would be better off in adopting an older child since being apart of the Avengers could mean that no-one would be there to look after a baby. It was a tough decision but it was one in which had to be made.

They had been all over New York and they hadn't found a child in which they could adopt, it was just a feeling they got. 

They had been all over Manhattan, Queens and now they were coming to the end of the list of Orphanages in Brooklyn.

Sophie, the social worker who had been helping them along the way had called them late that night telling them about one final orphanage in Brooklyn, it was one of the less...present ones, but still. It wouldn't do any harm in checking it out.

So here they were. 

Standing infront of the old decaying building, they knocked on the door. 

Peter had been at school all day and all he wanted to do was to fall asleep listening to some music. It was odd for him but when he was younger his uncle use to play old records which his own father and mother use to play. It was the one thing that made him feel connected with his family. 

Peter had first lost his parents at the age of 6 when he was at a Exhibition and there had been a full on raid. Both of his parents had died. His father first, protecting his mother. When Peter found them, his mother was trying to wake up her husband, however the raid continued on. 

His mother died soon after and a woman, maybe around the age of 23 had found him and took him into a local police station to try and find a contact with his aunt or uncle. 

Peter then moved in and lived with his Uncle and Aunt for a while. However at the age of 10, tragedy struck again, his Uncle died in a mugging. 

Then just a year and a half later, his aunt had passed away due to cancer of the lungs. 

Life had never been easy on Peter, anyone he got close to he seemed to loose.

He had been taken to a loving orphanage in Queens and was there until he was 13 however there was a huge fire, it had started from an unknown gas leak, all the children were sent to different orphanages across the Tri-State area. 

They only had a couple of places and they took the younger kids, leaving Peter and a couple others to be send else where, however Parker Luck struck again and it meant that Peter was forced into an orphanage which...didn't exactly want him.

For the past 2 and half years he had been in the hell hole also known as Up-bridge Orphanage.

Ran by, which can only be described as, The Devil and His Wife reincarnated, even then, the devil and his wife would be nicer than these two. 

There was a total of 12 children in the home, the younger ones got treated right, however Peter on the other hand, was not.

The kids hated seeing what was happening to Peter but if they even tried to step in, they'd probably be killed. 

It was as if Peter was their cleaner, cook, teacher, mother, father. All of it.

Peter would help the others with their homework when they needed it, he'd get them up in a morning aswell as get them bathed, washed and cleaned, he washed their clothes, dried them ironed them, he cooked their meals almost every single day, sometimes they would help, but if they were caught helping, Peter would get even more of a bashing. He'd do their hair, he had to lean from MJ how to do a plat and other things like a french braid, pony tail, all of it. He only managed to lean that because MJ had given him a sheet of paper with all the steps written out, which was very helpful. He'd also make all of their pack lunches, do the shopping each month when the 'She-Devil' would give him three hundred dollars cash to get everything in, still then she'd give it to him reluctantly.

Peter would also tuck them in at night or get them new clothes with the money which he had saved from the $300, which was actually quite alot, the monthly shopping was only around $175 to $190. 

Ever since Peter was 14 he'd been bitten with a Radioactive spider, so when he got the chance he'd help out where he could. 

Luckily, do the the...powers that the spider gave him, the hitting's or cuts he'd get from Mr and Mrs Bridge didn't hurt as much as they would usually, it also meant he got less questions at school about bruises or cuts or limps from how much his ankle would hurt.

Peter didn't have the strength to go out and be Spider-Man, luckily he had gotten everything done last night and since it was Friday he'd be able to just listen to music and sleep.

Peter had managed to make his entire room soundproof so anything that happened i.e him playing music or coming in at two o'clock in the morning almost bleeding out, could not be heard.

Peter had a small room on the very top floor with one window which looked out to an all and had the fire escape just right next to it. 

Peter placed his bag down in his room closing the door, the smell of alcohol weakening as he closed his door.

He pulled out the old record player from beneath his bed and a box of old records, picking out a random one, he carefully placed it down on the player, turning the volume down, it started to play.

Frank Sinatra, That's life.

He had alot of 40's records, aswell as 50's, 60's, a couple of 70's and a couple of 80's records too.

He must have fallen asleep since he was awoken by a pounding on his door at 7 in the morning

"Parker! You better get your ass out of bed, we've got visitors and I want this place spotless, do you hear me?!!"

"Yes Ma'am" Peter told her, he heard her walk away from the door, Peter packed his records and player away before getting a quick shower and changing into a fresh pair of clothing, all in 5 minutes, he'd lived there two and half years, he'd managed to be able to get washed, cleaned and dressed in under 5 minutes for quite a while.

He slipped on his trainers heading down the stairs and started cleaning everything up, from broken bottles, gaining a couple of nicks from the broken glass. He cleaned everything until it was spotless, he then rushed to get the other up, cleaned and dressed for the day. 

As 10 am came around, Peter had gained a slap to the face for being 'late', he was actually early. But that's the 'She-Devil' for you, he had gotten worse, but he was use to it by now.

She practically kicked him up the stairs, he closed the door behind him and started playing one of his records on a low low volume, it was Long, Long Time by Kitty Kallen. He then pulled his old desk chair up to his desk and started on his homework which he finished in record time. 

He then moved onto a book by Bruce Banner, one of his favorite scientists. 

He started copying down and answering all of the questions from the book, it was effortless. 

However, as he had gotten to the last question he could hear Mrs Bridge's voice talking

"He's our only teenager here, but I don't know why you would want him, he doesn't do anything-"

A hard knock came on his door and then before he could even turn his chair around the door swung open

"Parker, you have 5 minutes"

All of a sudden, none other than Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, otherwise known as Iron Man and Captain America walked into his room, the door closing behind them.