Country Dance

It was an odd one this time, it was the last thing they expected from Tony but at the same time expected nothing less. 

They had a free couple of nights and had no idea how to fill them until Tony found a flyer for a country dance. 

A full on hoedown throw-down country living bar with dancing. 

"Why a country bar?" Steve asked Nat as he walked in from the bathroom fixing the collar of his rolled up checked shirt, which he had paired with a pair of dark wash denim jeans along with brown boots. 

"You look good cowboy" she smiled placing a black cowboy hat on his head with a kiss

"Not too bad your self cowgirl", Nat wore a denim shirt along with some light wash jeans, a brown belt through the loops and her brown boots, her top consisted of a black cami tight shirt and a flannel over the top. 

All the boys wore something similar as did the girls, a couple of them wearing shorts rather than full length jeans. 

"Lets go"

By the time they reached the bottom of the tower, MJ and Peter turned to the rest of them

"Where exactly is this place?" Peter asked

"Somewhere, a couple of miles away, just before they hit the suburbs"

"Oh no, your not taking a fancy car, come on, follow me" MJ said, and they all followed, unsure on why she said no

That was when she chucked Steve a pair of keys

"You take that one, Peter, Clint, Wanda, your with me, Tony, Pepper, Human Vision, your with Steve and Nat"

By the time they arrived, it was dark out, only being around 8PM. 

They could hear the faint noise of country music coming from inside, Carrie Underwood currently blaring through the speakers. 

It was nothing like they expected, MJ lead them through towards an empty table over in the corner

"How do you know what to do?" Tony asked MJ

"Even when i was young my mum used to bring both me and herself here, she grew up a country girl"

MJ had worked at SHIELD and with them for over three years and never once did she talk about her family, so it was good to see her smile and talk about her past for once. 

MJ, Steve and Clint all went to the bar, carrying back a bottle of beer or soda for them. 

As they were talking, someone came from behind MJ hugging her, Peter smiling from across her

"Didn't miss me, did ya?"

"Ronnie? oh my god, what are you doing here?"

"Running this place for my granddad" she smiled, "He took a fall last week and wanted to continue working so he's on sit in the corner and watch for any trouble duty"

"What about New York?"

"Taking a break for a couple of weeks, plus they owe it to me, i've been doing over time for months now"

Peter gave a fake cough behind her, Peter had already met Ronnie a few times before, but everyone else stood round not knowing who she was

"Oh, sorry guys this is my best friend from childhood, Veronica"

"Ronnie, please" she said as she shook their hands

"Hey Pete, glad to see your still alive"

"So am i" he smirked as he lifted his bottle up in the air before taking a sip of his drink