The Baker's Daughter II

All over the Kingdom, it was buzzing with joy and excitement, Prince Peter was to choose a wife to be his Queen and then he would take over the thrown. 

Maya was still amendment on not going, she had never seen the Prince nor ever would want to, he was probably another 'Lad' just like everyone else in the Kingdom, there was very few and far between when it came to finding a True Gentleman.

Maya was stood kneading bread when she heard the door open, she looked up to see a red haired woman walk in, she definitely had confidence, you could see it in her walk. 

"Hello, how may i help you?"

"Can i get a couple of fresh loaves to go, please?"

"Sure, there are some in the oven right now and should be done in a couple of minuets, if your okay to wait?"

"Of course" The woman smiled before looking round, since the bakery was in the cottage it had much more of a homey feel, by the door there were racks that held some pastry's, under the window was a old wooden table, two chairs at either end to sit at, the table held the flyer and a couple of books, some still open.

"Do you mind me asking your name? I've never seen your round here before"

"Natasha, Natasha Romanoff"

"Nice to meet you Ms Romanoff"

"Natasha is fine, if you don't mind me asking, where did you learn how to complete those equations?"

"Just from reading and a couple of things from my mum and Pop"

"Have you ever thought of teaching anyone else?"

"No, not really, i'm the Village Idiot ironically since i'm one of the smartest people in this town"

"Really?"

"I know it sounds vain but i know i am smart, i might not be the smartest but i am smart, but it's not like i can show it, they all expect something from me and that is to be The Baker's Daughter, nothing more maybe"

"Less" Natasha said finishing her sentence

"Yes how-"

"I heard the girls from before, they're just jealous"

"Of what?"

"Of you, by the looks of it, you know more than what their whole family probably know"

"Maybe" Maya chuckled

"Here's your bread" She smiled passing the basket back to her

"Maybe rethink it" she said as she placed the flyer down on the counter before turning to leave

Maya was confused, why would someone who she had never ever met tell her to rethink going to the ball, she would be the last person the Prince would even want to look at...