He's with me

Backstory: Peggy froze along with Steve however once they both woke up, they found out their relationship was more best friends than a couple. Nat had been pronounced dead just before her and Steve could admit their feelings for one another so she had turned to Peggy, making sure she knew the whole story so she could be their for Steve. However Peter finds it fishy and goes out to look for Nat.

///

 Steve was stood in shock. She couldn't be. 

Natasha had just been pronounced dead, killed by the people who they had been fighting against. The Red Room. 

Steve and Nat were that couple that truly loved each other however wouldn't admit their feelings for one another and the moment they were about to, it didn't happen. 

The only thing was, Natasha wasn't actually dead, she knew what they would do that day when they would be fighting against them and she knew there would only be one way out of it all, take them down, single handed. 

She didn't want to put anyone else in danger, this was between her and them, not the Avengers, not SHIELD, just her and them. 

Peter had watched the whole thing play out, something seemed wrong with the whole thing, he knew Nat, she wouldn't just die, she was stronger than to just allow that to happen. 

Everyone had tears in their eyes as they sat on that dock, Steve was sat down on a box, tears rolled from his eyes slowly, Bruce was angry, throwing a bench into the lake, Tony was stood leaning against the beam, he'd accepted that she was dead, as much as he knew she was a fighter, maybe they'd just...lost. 

Peggy slowly walked down to them, she still hadn't lost her 40's touch. it had been modernized slightly but not by much. 

 Peter stood leaning against another beam, placing his head back, he saw Nat as another mother figure in his life and she definitely saw him as a son, she called him son or baby spider most of the time for god's sake. 

"Anything?" Steve asked as Peggy slowly approached, he didn't even look at her, he couldn't. 

"No" she said softly, "Nothing" 

Peggy hated lying to the people she loved but Nat had asked her to, and she had made a promise and she wasn't going to break it. 

"I-I can't believe she's dead" Clint said, tears wanting to roll from his eyes none stop, he sat leaning against the third pole, he hadn't really talked since he had gotten the news, she was his sister practically. Now she was gone. 

Peter didn't believe it, and not that he was in denial, more of, he could tell there was more to the story. 

Peter started to walk off the dock but was stopped

"Where are you going?" Tony asked

"Just some alone time, i'll be back later"

"Okay, but stay safe" Peggy told him 

"I will, don't worry" he smiled through tear stained cheeks. 

He continued walking until he got inside, just something, a sign of where Nat could possibly go. Nat loved everyone on the team, especially Steve, as much as she wouldn't admit it. She wouldn't just...leave.

Peter poured over pictures, files, everything he could find. Searching his own memories for storied she'd tell him when they were training when he had just joined the team. He was now 24 so there was alot to say the least. 

That was when it came to him, a certain memory stuck out in his mind. One Nat had talked about on the subject of The Red Room.

"What would you do though, if you had to go back?" Peter asked her