Adoption II

The couple walked into the boy's room and saw him sat at his desk, he looked as if he had been doing work before the woman had slammed open his door. 

He was nervous at first, not knowing what exactly to say to the two men who was stood in his room who could potentially be his parents, but that wasn't how he saw it. The kid must never have anyone talk to him since he seemed nervous and asking questions as if he was working at reception. He was shocked to find out they actually wanted to talk to him, not have him give opinions of the younger ones down stairs or give a tour of the dingy orphanage they all had to call home. 

The five minutes passed quickly, too quickly for their liking. The woman practically shoved him out of his own room to talk to the couple. The way the lad was being treated didn't seem right. He had small cuts on his hand, probably from shards of scattered glass. But he also had a bruise just around his wrist which he covered before Steve could get a good look at it. 

They knew, even after they very short five minutes that it was Peter who they wanted to adopt. He was a good kid, and didn't seem to treat them any differently than he would someone on the street. It was a good thing. They'd seen kids, and even parents who had treated the differently just because they were well known.

He was also a smart kid which meant that he knew what Tony was going on about when he would be talking in his lab.

When they first told Peter that they wanted to adopt him, he seemed reluctant. As if something would be keeping him here, but not for him, for someone else.

But eventually, the other kids managed to make him go. They saw how much pain he was always put through, this was his chance to have a happy family for once. To let the world be easy on him for once in his life.

Steve nor Tony noticed Peter give one of the kids a small card with an emergency phone number on, so if they was ever in trouble they could call him if need be. He also left them an old telephone. It was an old one Ned's mother had and she was going to get rid of it but Ned gave it to Peter for him to fix and maybe use. 

Peter had fixed it and put it away in the children's room in a place where no-one could find it other than them. Not even the Devil and his Wife would be able to find it.

Steve and Tony helped Peter pack up his stuff, which wasn't alot. 

All he had to pack was his books, hard-drives, computer, clothes (which there wasn't alot of), and finally the records and its player along with an already packed box which was filled with things from his childhood, photos of him and his family, of him and his friends at the park, some old letters which had been written for him but he had never opened, not wanting to until he was ready. Some old children's books which use to be read to him before his parents passed.

Steve was shocked to find out that Peter actually played and listened to records, but he smiled, reminding him of the times when him and Bucky would listen to records in the front room when they were younger.

They were also one of the only things that reminded him of home, the home in which he would of been living in the 40's. 

They packed everything into the car before driving towards the compound. Peter still wasn't use to this. He never thought in a million years he would actually get adopted. He just figured once he turned 18, he'd move away for collage and then find a job, something do do with STEM or at least engineering. 

Over the next month, Peter settled in to the life he was living. He still felt odd when it came to living somewhere that wasn't the orphanage, or not having to get up at 6 am and clean everything until it was more than spotless. Having the smell of alcohol no longer running through his senses was nice. Instead he either woke up to the smell of burning toast, that was Clint's doing. Or he would wake up to the smell of coffee.