Chapter 5

Monae pov

1 month later

May 20

Me and Dave have gotten so close this past month he's been acting weird like he's up to something but I push it to the side , we're really close like some days he stays at my house we haven't known eachother that long but it feels like we have for so long, I honestly feel like we're getting to the point we're he wants to be my boyfriend I don't know yet tho . As my mind was thinking about Dave , I got a text from him saying open the door . I looked a mess he never knew what I looked like with no makeup on but I said fuck it and went downstairs to open the door. "Damn ma"
I instantly rolled my eyes knowing he was about to talk some shit . What now I said rolling my eyes again?! "You beautiful ash ma"
I blushed a little then turned away . I let him in and closed and locked the front door . "so what's up witcu ?!,what u got planned for today mama?!" Nothing really today was a chilling day for me I said being honest . "Well not today , go get dressed I'm taking u out ma!" Ughhhh do you have to ?! "That wasn't a question , get yo ass up and get dressed now !" I loved when he got mad it was cute but I did as told and went and got dressed

1 hour later

"Mo it don't take that damn long to put close on what-" he stopped in mid sentence looking At me up and down , I was starting to regret not wearing any makeup . What I look bad I asked getting sad and having my puppy eyes which he hated because it made him feel bad .

"Nah baby you loook good don't be sad mama u look beautiful ash frl" I just nodded and grabbed my purse and phone and walked past him downstairs waiting to leave , I loved getting in my feelings around him because he felt bad and always likes bein...

"Nah baby you loook good don't be sad mama u look beautiful ash frl" I just nodded and grabbed my purse and phone and walked past him downstairs waiting to leave , I loved getting in my feelings around him because he felt bad and always likes being under me and it's so cute .

Dave pov

Ma wats wrong ?? I asked following behind her "Nothing I'm fine" i already knew she wasn't but I let it go but I would talk about it later when we go to dinner tho

"Nothing I'm fine" i already knew she wasn't but I let it go but I would talk about it later when we go to dinner tho.

We finally got out the house and got to my car , I ofc opened the door for her then ran to the other side to get in the drive off.

The ride there was silent , the o my thing you could here was the radio which was very low.

10 minutes later

We finally arrived at the mall , mo looked at me as if she was asking a question but she didn't , she just got out . After I got out I locked the doors and walked behind Monae into the mall . Once we finally got to the double doors I grabbed her hand so she could turn around . Look ma I want you to go shopping in hera Oka ?! You can get anything you want at your expense get warm clothes and as much for like 6 days Ight?!

She didn't say anything she just walked and started going to stores.

3 hours later

We were finally done and now leaving I was know gonnna take her out to Olive Garden to get some food then tell her what my plans were

20 minutes later

We finally got there, I didn't know what was her deal like she really wasn't talking to me and I didn't get why like I didn't say anything mad to her .... not that I know of but I was gonna y'all to her when we got to the table.

We were finally seated before I got a word out the waiter came .

"Hi my name is Lauren I'll be assisting you today, can we start off with drinks first?!"

I'll get a strawberry lemonade I said

"And for you ma'am"
"A water" she said cracking her voice a little
"Okay I'll be back and then we can take your orders."

Once the waiter left I looked up at her to see her just staring out of space .

What's wrong mama

"Nothing I'm good"

I stared at her for a minute then asked her again and by now she looked at me with watery eyes which she knew I hated

"I just feel like u think of me less since I don't have anything on" she said looking down .

Mama how many times I gotta tell you ?! You look mad beautiful with out make up matter fact I ain't een talking to you for yo body or face , I'm talking to you Ight?!
"Yeah I guess" she said looking at me then her fingers .

I'm for real you beautiful as hell .
But for real tho I gotta tell you some shit .
"Yeah what Is it ?!"
Well I want your birthday to be special so I booked a trip for 5 days in Jamaica

"Y-you for real?!"

Yes I want your birthday to be special mama for real .

"So when do we leave?!"

In seven days

"Oh my god I don't know what to say right now!"

I just chucked, let's get outta here ma

She just nodded and I payed and left a tip and we rolled out.