Chapter 53

The next morning

8:00 a.m

I woke up to a Big Bang , I instantly got up and turned to see if moane was okay . She was trying to use the bathroom, I quickly helped her .

"I-I got it "

No you don't stop and let me help I said . She looked down and nodded I knew why she did it . She was getting upset that people were helping her when she wanted to do things her self . I helped her to the toilet and she carefully sat down .

She peed and she was to weak to wipe herself so I helped her.

You wanna wash up .

"Mhm"

I nodded and took off her hospital gown revealing the marks she had on her . I just held back the anger and grabbed one of those hospital buckets and filled it with hot water.

Moane don't use no other soap but dove so I already came in handy. I poured the soup in the bucket till it had a moly of bubbles. Moane sat there opening and closing her eyes looking so weak. I hurried and got a wash clothe washing her . She then leaned on the sink so that I could wash her bottom half. I hurried and wiped her so that she could sit back down .

I went and grabbed her some panties I bought and a clean gown I put her panties on her then the gown , we walked back to the bed and I lead her down and got her situated.

You sleepy?

She nodded

Alright mama go back to sleep ima be right here I said putting the covers over her and turning on the tv putting it on Martin and kissed her on her forehead and lead back down instantly falling back to sleep.

3 hours later

11:30 p.m

Knock knock knock

Come in I said putting my phone down.

"How is she?" The doctor asked me

She's good just a little weak but she's good

"Alright well we will check in from time to time to make sure she's good I'll come back in about a hour so she can have her food and meds"

I just nodded , can you bring two cold ginger ales to ?

"Yes sir I'll be right back"

I nodded and sat back down just staring at moane. She was so beautiful I loved that little girl.

I got knocked out my thoughts when there was another knock on the door. I opened it seeing it was Lauren and herbo and Gianna.

Wassup y'all I said in a whisper so I wouldn't wake her up.

"How is she?" Gianna asked

She's good just a little weak .

We All made small conversation till the doctor came with the drinks . She said hi to everybody then left out . A couple minutes there was another knock. We were confused cause We won't expecting nobody and the doctor just left. I opened the door revealing two cops.

You gotta be kidding me I said low.

We all stepped out into the hallway closing the door.

May I help you?

"Yes we were hoping to speak to ms.moane?

She's sleeping right now and doesn't feel good can y'all come back another time I said

"Yes that's fine but We need to ask you some questions"

I nodded and turned around looking at Lauren herbo and Gianna they all nodded going back into the room to sit down.

"So do you know what happened that night?"

No sir I wasn't there I won't with her

"And where exactly where you when this happened?"

I was on my way to the house

"Where were you coming from."

A hotel two hours away

"Why were you at a hotel sir when you have a home?"

If y'all Nosey asses must know me and her aint been on good terms so my therapist told me to leave for a week to give her some space and today was the day to come back and I got home and she wasn't there then took my phone out and seen people texting me and shit and my friend herbo texted me telling me to get to the Walmart we live by so I left the house and got there getting out my car seeing her car they way it was . That's all I know honestly .

"Alright thank you for the answers we'll come back later to ask her what happened."

I nodded and we talked a little more and they left and I went back inside .

And we all just say it there making small talk while moane slept.

20 minutes

Moane shot her eyes open moving her hand in a come here motion towards me .

I rushed over and so did everybody else . She point to the bag and I gave it to her and she threw up some blood . I held her hair as she did . I tear slowly fell down and I tried wiping it off so she wouldn't notice but she did and when she did she had a unexplainable face expression I couldn't read . We stared at each other for a minute before she looked at everybody else.

"C-can y'all give us a minute?"

They all nodded and came and hugged her before leaving out saying they were gonna go grab some Chinese food for all of us . I nodded and they left out .

Once I left she moved over to the other half of the hospital bed slowly then looked at me slowly patting the bed indicating she wanted me to sit .

I sat down and she grabbed my hand .

"Are you scared."

I looked at her and I couldn't even lie so I nodded my head .

"I'm gonna be okay,but there's something I need to tell you."

I looked at her not letting her hand go.

"So when you were gone there was a day I was at the gas station and this man came up to me I told him I had a fiancé and he respected that so he asked to be my friend I said yes, I didn't give him my number tho. Then last night i saw him again and I felt like he was following me . I went to the store because I was gonna make you dinner and he was there he followed me and even tried to pay for the groceries that was I had and I said no then I basically told him to back off because I didn't like how he was and I had a husband. So he nodded and I left out the store , I saw him walk outside so I quickly put everything in the car speeding off but the light turned red and he came running to the car and I was scared once the light turned green he was in the back off the car shooting and I lost control of the wheel and crashed."

What's he's name I said mad as hell

"Jay"

Once she did that my eyes got dark as hell . I knew exactly who did this and I was finna kill this Nîgga and I want the police to find it .

I shook my head getting up going to the door.

"W-where you going?"

Gotta handle some shit I said sucking my teeth slamming the door , going towards the elevator pressing the button going  to the main floor and getting off going outside to my car slamming the door and speeding off.

The last part was kinda rushed but had to give y'all a update

Please vote and comment ❤️