Chapter 1

Derek: "Your interns are back from holiday today." he says when Bailey comes to stand next to him at a nurses desk

Bailey: "Uh, not my interns. They're residents. I'm free."

Derek: "Right. Well...here, nurse" he says handing the nurse a binder and then following after her "The point is, uh, Dr. Yang. The Burke thing...she doesn't know. I'm supposed to tell her. Burke asked me to tell her. Any thoughts?"

Bailey: "Honesty always works best."

Derek: "Yeah, that's true. You want to get together for a drink after work tonight?"

Bailey: "Why?"

Derek: "Well, I don't know. I just thought it might be a good idea to get together and have-"

Bailey: "Oh, you don't have anybody to talk to."

Derek: "No, I have people to talk to."

Bailey: "Addison is gone, Burke isn't around, Sky is all in lala land with her guy, and you and Grey aren't smelling each other in the elevators anymore."

Derek: "I have people to talk to."

Bailey: "Who?"

Derek: "I have...chief. I...I have the chief to talk to" he sees said man standing near a desk and hurries over to him "Hey, chief. Want to get together for a drink after work?"

Richard: "I don't drink. Dr. Bailey, we need to talk."

Bailey: "We have traumas coming in."

Richard: "You're avoiding me. We need to talk."

Bailey: "About you choosing Dr. Torres to be your chief resident over me? Respectfully, no, sir. We're not going to talk about that." she says making Derek look between the two with an awkward look as Mark comes over to them

Mark: "Someone mention a drink later? Cause I'm in."

Derek: "Nobody mentioned a drink."

Richard: "You mentioned a drink."

Derek: "I did not mention a drink."

Sky: "All right, people. We've got three MVC'S rolling in back-to-back from a multi car pileup. We need every trauma room open and everyone suited up."

Callie: "Is there anything I...I should do, sir?" she says coming over to Richard who stands next to Sky

Richard: "Save lives."

Callie: "No. I mean as, uh, chief resident. Anything in particular?"

Richard: "Make sure your residents run their traumas. This is their first day on their own."

Sky: "Make sure they don't kill anyone." she cuts in before over to a desk where Bailey is standing

Richard: "Where...are the residents you've assigned to this ER?" he asks while looking around the room

Callie: "Oh. Oh, I, uh, I, uh, I paged them. I...I paged them. Bailey?"

Bailey: "What?"

Callie: "Uh, I, uh, paged, uh, Grey, Yang, Stevens and Karev, but they're not here yet."

Bailey: "When I page 'em, they come running."

Richard: "Get it together, Torres."

Callie: "Yes, sir" she says as he walks away and she turns to Bailey "Okay, you did not have to say that in front of the chief."