Chapter 17

1 week

Cristina: "Go. Go. You got it. Focus. Focus. Come on, come on, come on."

Arizona: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."

Cristina: "Go."

Arizona: "All right! All right!"

Sky: "Good job." they cheer on when Callie slowly stretches her fingers

Callie: "Yay, fingers." she breathes before they see the sad look on her face

Arizona: "Oh. Okay. It's okay. You're retraining your brain. Getting your fingers straight was the goal for today, okay?"

Callie: "Mm-hmm."

Sky: "Little goals, remember? All right, let me get in there to check her incision."

Mark: "Good morning. Baby report" he comes into the room and kisses Sky on the head before showing his phone to Callie "Boom."

Arizona: "I'm gonna go see her. Hey. You're awesome."

Callie: "Oh, gimme, gimme, gimme."

Mark: "See? She's moving her arm like she's waving. She still doesn't open her eyes, but she only stopped breathing once last night. And get this...her brain bleed's still grade 1."

Callie: "Good girl. She looks bigger. Is she bigger?" she looks at the phone in worry

Sky: "All right. Some of us are still working. Let me get in there, please." she pushes him out the way a little

Mark: "Okay, I have a consult. I have to go. How are you?"

Callie: "Um..." she looks at Sky before sighing "I almost got my hand straight."

Mark: "That's great."

Callie: "Mm-hmm. Yeah" she breathes out before turning to look at Sky with hope "So today? I can see her today?"

Sky: "I'm sorry."

Callie: "No."

Sky: "But until..."

Callie: "No."

Bailey: "You can be mobilized and your infections are completely gone, you cannot see her, and she cannot leave the NICU. Now you know I would if I could."

Callie: "Mm. Mm-hmm." she turns her head away from her making Sky sigh before putting the blanket back over her

Sky: "Right? You know that, ri...Yang."

Cristina: "Mm-hmm."

Sky: "Tell her I would."

Cristina: "Mm-hmm. She would if she could. It's a solitary distance run" she says as Callie raises her hand at her "Are you giving me the finger?"

Callie: "Yes, I am."

Cristina: "Good job." she smiles at her before walking out the room

Cristina: "Hey, it's healing pretty well, and maybe in a couple of days, you can try sitting up by yourself."

Callie: "Let's try now."

Cristina: "Can't rush it."

Callie: "Why'd I get you? Why aren't you cutting out a heart somewhere?"

Cristina: "Well, Altman and I had a falling out, over your ventricular septal defect, actually."

Callie: "Mm."

Cristina: "I'm just giving her some space. Okay, you're good. Okay, you need anything?"

Callie: "I need to see my baby."