Chapter 21

Alex: "Chicken."

George: "Good chicken."

Meredith and Cristina: "Yeah, chicken." they taste the food she layed out for them to try

Izzie: "I know it's chicken. I want to know what it tastes like."

Alex: "Tastes like chicken."

Izzie: "I'm having surgery today."

Bailey: "Maybe. If the mets have shrunk."

Izzie: "I am maybe having surgery today, and as such, I cannot taste the chicken for myself, so I really need you guys to tell me what it tastes like. I need to nail down this dinner so I can announce it on Meredith and Derek's wedding website."

Meredith: "There's a website?"

Izzie: "So can you please be a little more articulate than just chicken?" she asks as Derek comes out from the bathroom in the outfit Izzie picked out for him "Oh, that's the one."

Sky: "Oh, oh, oh. Very dapper." she laughs while taking a picture of him on her phone

Derek: "You're serious about this? It's not some cruel joke?"

Izzie: "You look fantastic. He looks fantastic, right?"

All: "Yeah."

Sky: "Totally." 

Cristina: "Uh, whatever." she mutters out

Sky: "Thank you for that." she smiles at Izzie before walking out the room 

Mark: "I got you a present."

Sky: "I told you not to buy me anything. The 12:00 a.m. wake up call was enough of a present." she smirks at him as he chuckles before leading her in a direction of another room

Mark: "I didn't buy it" he opens the door and she sees Callie in the room as a woman lays on the bed crying out in pain "She fell out of a tree and broke all her limbs."

Sky: "Wow."

Mark: "Happy birthday." he smiles down at her 

Mark: "Okay, Willow, I'm afraid your cheekbone looks broken, too. I'll need to wait a few weeks until the swelling goes down to repair that."

Willow: "In a few weeks, I'm gonna be up a tree in Utah. Those corporate bastards...the same ones who just bulldozed me out of Kaili...they want to clear-cut acres to build another ski condo complex. Sons of bitches!" 

Mark: "There is so much about that sentence I do not understand." he looks over at the two women doctors in question

Sky: "Uh, you were bulldozed out of something?"

Willow: "Uh, uh, Kaili. She was the tree that I was living in for the past six weeks. She was a beautiful 200-year-old oak in a grove full of beautiful 200-year-old oaks."

Mark: "You named a tree "Kaili"?"

Willow: "Kaili is Hawaiian for "divine beauty and wisdom." And she was all of those things. She was all of those things, and now she's gone. They're all gone. And for what, yuppie housing? Those corporate bastards!"

Callie: "I'm really sorry, but you're not gonna be climbing up any trees for a good long while."

Mark: "How does one exactly live in a tree? I mean, how exactly does one say, eliminate waste?"

Sky: "He's, um, asking where your poo goes, which may not be the most sensitive question while she's mourning the death of her...tree friend." she ends up trying not to chuckle at the last part of her sentence