Chapter 22

Sky: "Mm. Wait, hang on" she pants as she reaches to the floor for her pager "Incoming trauma."

Mark: "Isn't that more of a formality? Callie's taking over the pit today, right?"

Sky: "Are you seriously trying to talk me out of leaving?"

Mark: "It's much more fun in this bed" he pulls her into his chest and starts kissing her "See." he says as she hums. A few moments later, her pager starts beeping again making them sigh out

Sky: "Callie. I gotta go." she gets up and grabs her clothes as Mark groans and falls back down on the bed

Paramedic: "David Simons, 22. He was in the driver's seat. His car got crushed by a semi. Truck blew a tire and jackknifed across four lanes of traffic."

Callie: "Okay, take him to bay one until we get a trauma room ready."

Alex: "What are the injuries?"

Paramedic: "He sustained chest contusions. Otherwise, vital signs were stable."

David: "We can't be late."

George: "Ready? One, two, three. Late for what?"

David: "Graduation."

Paramedic 2: "Becca Wells, 21-year-old restrained backseat passenger. Vitals stable en route. Some shortness of breath, but good breath sounds."

Callie: "Okay, take her to bay two for now."

David: "My dad's here. He's gonna be so worried."

Becca: "David, is that you?" he calls out to her

David: "Becca, are you okay?"

Becca: "I-I think so. I don't know."

Alex: "One, two, three." they transfer her over to another bed 

Becca: "How about you?"

David: "I'm talking. It can't be too bad if I'm talking, right? Right."

Paramedic3 : "22-year-old front seat passenger. Tenderness above the pelvis and unstable BP in the field."

Callie: "Uh, bay five."

Jordan: "Is my girlfriend here? She was in the backseat."

Becca: "Jordan!"

Jordan: "Becca? Becca, have you seen Dana? You were sitting next to her."

Becca: "Can you check on our other friends...Dana, Michelle and Pete?"

Callie: "Eight of them piled in an SUV? Are they all this bad?"

Paramedic: "These are the healthy ones compared to the rest."

Callie: "Okay, uh, I need, uh, beds and blood and interns, and...and Sky Rivers. Where is Rivers?"

George: "V-Tach. BP's dropped out. I need the crash cart. I'm gonna cardiovert."

Becca: "David! What's wrong with him?"

George: "Charge to 100. Clear."

Becca: "David!"

Jordan: "Becca, what's wrong with David?"

Becca: "You have to save him, please. You can't let him die. Not today. We're supposed to be graduating from college today."

Geroge: "Okay, charge to 200. Clear."

Jordan: "Becca, Becca, what's going on?"

Becca: "This is the biggest day of our lives."