Chapter 17

Callie: "It's still swollen. I'd give it another day of rest."

Mark: "I haven't operated in three days."

Callie: "Don't hit people with your scalpel hand. Have you talked to him yet?"

Mark: "He threw the first punch."

Callie: "Well, you did catch him at a bad time."

Mark: "So he lost a patient. Boo-Hoo. We're surgeons. We're men. We lose patients. It doesn't give him the right to go around behaving like a drunk frat boy. And now I'm supposed to go crawling back begging for his forgiveness?" Callie sees Arizone coming down the hall so she moves Mark to stand in front of her "What, uh-what are you doing?"

Callie: "I went all "say anything" on the peds surgeon in front of the peds surgeon's date, so now I am hiding from the peds surgeon."

Mark: "Mature."

Callie: "Um, you got in a fistfight. No judging." she walks away as Sky comes over to them

Sky: "Hey. Hi."

Mark: "Hand!" he exclaims where she accidentally touches his hand

Sky: "Hand! Oh, god. I'm sorry. I-I forgot. I-I'm so sorry."

Mark: "It's fine." he says as she gently grabs his hand to look at it

Sky: "Have you talked to him, yet?"

Mark: "Why would I? He punched me. Have you talked to him?"

Sky: "I'm giving him one more week of ignoring me. It's almost up. Are you going to talk to him?"

Mark: "No." she watches as he walks away before her pager beeps

Paramedic: "Beth Dearborn, 17 year old with a history of seizures-had a grand mal during a marching band performance. Started seizing again upon arrival."

Owen: "Push 2 of lorazepam."

Alex: "She's in V-Fib. Ventilate and charge the paddles to 200."

Sky: "Wait. The V-Fib could be just artifact from the seizure. If we shock her and she's not actually in V-Fib, she'll flatline. You got a pulse?"

Alex: "I-I think so. I don't know. It's hard to tell."

Owen: "Lorazepam's not working. Damn it."

Alex: "What do we do?"

Sky: "We shock her and save her, or shock her and kill her" she thinks before sighing "What the hell" she grabs the paddles "Clear. Clear!" she shocks her twice before the machines start beeping normally 

Alex: "Sinus tach."

Arizona: "Good call, Dr. Rivers." she comes into the room

Sky: "Ah, it was a 50- 50 shot."

Beth: "Oh, no. It happened again?"

Arizona: "Beth, I'm Dr. Robbins, the peatric surgeon on call. This is Dr. Rivers and Dr. Hunt."

Owen: "You got beat up pretty bad while you were marching. We're gonna run some tests, check for internal injuries."

Beth: "I seized during the performance? But I took my meds."

Alex: "Relax. It's not like you crapped your pants or anything."

Beth: "It is like I crapped my pants. I had a seizure in front of the entire marching band. It is exactly like I crapped my pants. They're gonna kill me."