Chapter 20

Sky: "There you go bub" she hands Hayes some of his toys as he sits on the floor in front of the couch and Mark comes out of the bedroom running a hand through his messy hair "Well look who finally arose."

Mark: "Yeah, yeah" he mutters as he pours himself a cup of coffee and Hayes squeals "Hey buddy." he smiles at him

Sky: "You mind taking him? Got a trauma coming in." she holds up her pager that's going off

Mark: "Yeah. Go ahead."

Sky: "Okay. I love you" she kisses Mark before moving over to Hayes to kiss his cheek "And I love you."

Paramedic: "Female hiker found at the bottom of a ravine. Positive L.O.C. with obvious head and abdominal trauma, hypothermia, frostbite, you name it."

Sky: "Let's go." she instructs as they move towards the elevator with the patient

Alex: "Airway looks clear."

Owen: "Weakened pulse."

Meredith: "I'm Dr. Grey. You're in the hospital. Can you tell us your name?" she asks and the woman struggles to talk "Okay, okay. Let's go."

Sky: "Let's go."

Owen: "Outta the way."

Callie: "Displaced tibial fracture." she says as herself, Teddy, Sky, and Alex look at the patient's xrays

Teddy: "Rib fractures, too. Lungs look fine. How far did she fall?"

Alex: "Ah, don't know. Some hikers found her."

Arizona: "What's up?"

Sky: "Uh, Jane Doe, looks to be around 15 years old."

Alex: "Hey, any word back on my interviews?"

Arizona: "Uh, yeah, I'm working on it."

Callie: "The angle's off on this elbow."

Alex: "You've been working on it for a couple of weeks now."

Arizona: "Well, you're an acquired taste, like blue cheese. Some people love it and some people can't stand to be in the same room with it. They think it's stinky."

Alex: "So now I'm stinky cheese?"

Arizona: "Uh, this isn't a peds case. She's an adult. The growth plates have closed."

Callie: "And this elbow was broken a while ago. See the curve in her forearm and the periosteal reaction on her humerus? These are fractures that never healed right."

Teddy: "Or were never treated. I've seen injuries like this in Iraq In patients who were tortured." she states making them look over at her in realization

Alex: "She was abused. It's all over the X-rays."

Meredith: "Okay, we have to call the police."

Owen: "Just stay calm. We don't know anything for sure until she talks."

Derek: "Hunt, she has a temporal bone fracture. I'm gonna have to do a middle fossa approach."

Bailey: "Okay, there's an aneurysm in her celiac artery. I'll need to put a graft in."

Man: "She's ready to be put under, chief."

Meredith: "Wait" she moves over so the woman can see her "You were running from someone, right? Is that how you fell? No one's gonna hurt you. We just need to know your name."