Mark Dies pt. 3

Woman: "At this point, it's about assessing these emotional damages. So we'll need to hear everything."

Man: "You must be Dr. Yang. Glad you could be here. Have...have a seat." he greets when she comes into the room and joins the others at the table

Woman: "Dr. Hunt, I guess you won't be necessary as proxy any more."

Owen: "Uh, uh, I'm here more out of support for my staff."

Derek: "Yeah, I don't mind if he stays." the others nod as they continue

Man: "Today, uh, we...we'd like to get some statements about, uh, continued physical, but...but also mental or emotional difficulties you might have suffered since the crash."

Cristina: "What if we don't have any?"

Man: "Well, um, w-why don't we talk? We'll see what comes up. Almost anything can be helpful to monetize your injuries."

Sky: "So you wanna use our trauma as a pawn?" she asks making it silent in the room for a moment

Meredith: "Uh. How-how do we do that?"

Woman: "We use a formula. It's, uh...your medical bills plus pain and suffering equal to three times your medical bills plus flat-rate hard-tissue injuries, plus loss of income, plus lost earning capacity, plus any other foreseeable harms, for each of you. So we're talking about a sizeable award."

Man: "Far more substantial than the settlement they offered you."

Derek: "Where's all the money come from?"

Man: "Well, we're looking at the possibilities now. Uh, the charter company, uh, aircraft manufacturer, parts manufacturers, the pilot, of course. The ground crew at Sea-Tac, um-"

Sky: "Jerry? Did you say Jerry?"

Woman: "Who's Jerry?"

Derek: "The pilot."

Meredith: "He was up there with us."

Cristina: "He broke his back. He's paralyzed now."

Meredith: "You're gonna go after him?"

Callie: "Well, if we find he was negligent, shouldn't we?"

Cristina: "You know, I'm sorry. I can't help. Um, I've got no residual injuries, and I've gotta go run someone's service for them, so, you know, good luck."

Woman: "Folks, listen, you have a special bond. You've been through something horrible and survived it together. But as far as the pilot is concerned, you need to stop thinking of him as one of you and start thinking of him as one of them."

Sky: "Wilson, what's the status on our frequent flyer?"

Jo: "Santa?"

Sky: "Mm-hmm."

Jo: "I don't know. He wasn't lying. His labs came back negative for drugs and alcohol. He's dehydrated, but otherwise, his chem panel's good, his blood sugar's surprisingly good."

Sky: "Treat him and street him." she nods to her

Jo: "I'm sorry?"

Sky: "Santa Claus has been coming here for years. Same symptoms...always drunk, always nauseous. We always run multiple tests, and they're always negative. He's looking for drugs. Give him some antiemetics, give him some food, and send him on his way."

Jo: "I just feel like there's more to this-"

Sky: "Wilson, I know you want to help. But you're a surgical intern, and your skills are needed elsewhere, and...we need that bed. Discharge him." she motions to the bed before walking away