Chapter 18

Mark: "I'd like to propose a toast."

Colonel: "Why is the sperm donor and his girlfriend here? I thought tonight was a family dinner."

Arizona: "Dad, I-"

Mark: "To two extraordinary women...may your lives be overfilled with love, happiness, and joy. To Callie and Arizona...the mothers of my child."

Colonel: "Oh, for god sake. I-"

Mrs. Robbins: "Oh, Daniel. Cheers." they all clink their glasses together 

Callie: "Yes. There we go."

Mr. Torres: "Do you ever go by anything other than Colonel, Colonel?"

Colonel: "The Colonel." he says making some of them chuckle a little 

Callie: "Actually, um...we forgot to say grace."

Arizona: "Say what?"

Callie: "Yeah, we should...we should say grace before we eat."

Mrs. Robbins: "Of course. Shame on us. Fork down, the Colonel."

Callie: "Mom, you want to lead?"

Mrs. Torres: "Bless us, oh, lord, and these thy gifts..." she starts and Mark takes a bite out of breadstick and looks over to see Sky shaking her head no at him making him quickly put it down 

All: "Amen."

Callie: "I'll get her. I'll go. I'll go get her. Excuse me." she gets up when Sofia starts crying 

Mr. Torres: "Arizona, we sat next to a charming young man on the plane today, and he said he was going with his partner to march in a parade. For pride?"

Arizona: "Yeah. Those are good. Mm." she hums and Callie comes back into the room holding Sofia 

Mrs. Robbins: "Oh. She couldn't be cuter if she tried."

Callie: "Mom, you haven't had a chance to hold her yet."

Mrs. Torres: "No, no, that's all right. Thank you, though. I'm eating." she shakes her head as Sky, Mark, and Arizona give Callie a soft look 

Alex: "This is Zola. She's 6 months old, born with spina bifida..."

Cristina: "Adorable African children, shameless ego stroking...Karev is a genius."

Jackson: "Yeah, he's single-handedly stealing chief resident out from under all of us, and we're helping him do it. I mean, we can't exactly refuse to treat little sick kids without making ourselves look bad."

April: "Oh, he is a genius. Or..." she says something in another language "That's what they say in Swahili."

Alex: "His spine to prevent any further brain damage..."

Cristina: "Well, he only has a shot because I've been benched. The playing field has been leveled. You're all welcome."

Meredith: "My Alzheimer's trial kicks African-orphan ass. It kicks all of your asses."

Richard: "Do you want to keep it down back there? I'm trying to listen to what appears to be the next chief resident talking."

Alex: "Before we go, I just want to say thank you to all of you for your participation. It, uh, truly means more than I could say." he says as they all clap for him 

Jackson: "Slow clap" he looks around the room "They're giving him the slow clap. Come on. I'm not giving him the slow clap."