Mark Dies pt.4

Sky: Hours, minutes, seconds. That's all it takes for a patient to go from sick to healthy, from hopeful to dire...

Sky: "Oh!" she wakes up when Joe taps on the bar table

Joe: "Sun's up, Doc. I'm outta here. Let you sleep as long as I could."

Sky: "Oh, terrific." she sighs when her pager beeps

Sky: "Okay, I'm not finding you in the system, Mr. Zigler." she types on the computer as he stands in front of the desk

Rigler: "Possibly because my last name is Rigler, with an R."

Sky: "Ah. I'm sorry."

Rigler: "It happens to the best of us, Dr. Zivers?" he jokes

Sky: "Ah, here you are. You can just lay down on that bed over there" she points him to a bed before printing out pages from his chart to look through "Okay. You were here a week ago with diverticulitis."

Rigler: "Yeah."

Sky: "You saw Dr. Bailey."

Rigler: "Yeah, it's the third time it happened to me, and she gave me antibiotics...each time."

Sky: "She didn't suggest surgery?"

Rigler: "Well, she said that antibiotics would be the less-invasive option, and I really wanted to go on my synagogue's youth trip."

Sky: "You a little old for that?" she asks with a slight chuckle

Rigler: "I'm a rabbi, and I've been around long enough to know you don't stick a junior rabbi with a bunch of hormonal teens on a weekend trip" they chuckle "Anyway, I started feeling like I was coming down with something, and...and then I got this rash. Which I thought it would get better in a few days, but it got worse...a lot...a lot worse."

Sky: "Can I take a look?" she motions to his chest

Rigler: "Yeah."

Sky: "Here we go." she notices how his skin is peeling off a little

Rigler: "Yeah."

Sky: "Okay. O...kay. - Yeah. All right. Page Dr. Avery, and tell the burn unit we're on our way." she nods to a nurse before seeing Bailey watching them from the nurses desk

Rigler: "Oh. Hey. What's the good word, Doc?" he asks when Sky comes into the room where Jackson is working on Eli "I'm not making my synagogue trip, am I? Which means someone's gonna get pregnant, or drunk...probably both."

Sky: "Rabbi..."

Eli: "Oh, no, please...Eli. I mean, you're shellacking half my body in Vaseline. I think we can dispense with the formalities."

Sky: "Eli, you have toxic epidermal necrolysis, also known as TEN. It's a reaction to the antibiotics you were prescribed. It's what's causing your skin to separate from itself."

Eli: "That sounds...about as disgusting as it looks. I-I thought I took the antibiotics as prescribed."

Jackson: "You did. TEN is something that just happens to some patients. Nobody's really sure why."

Eli: "Hard to believe that something this disgusting just...happens."

Jackson: "Dr. Rivers and I are gonna do our very best to keep you comfortable and prevent this thing from progressing any further."

Eli: "Oh, good. 'Cause I gotta be honest...this is not my best look."

Jackson: "You sure there's no one we can call? A family member..."