Chapter 4

Richard: "I know it hasn't exactly been easy around here the past few weeks. And I know you want answers. But I'm afraid I don't have them, not just yet."

Derek: "He brought us down here to make himself feel good." he whispers to Mark and Sky as they sit in a meeting room with other attendants

Mark: "Well, at least he sprung for good danish."

Derek: "You know how many nurses got fired for that danish?" he asks making Mark freeze before putting it down

Richard: "The Mercy West staff will be arriving in three days, and when they do, there will be more cutbacks and more layoffs. And I need each and every one of you to step up and be leaders. And when I can answer your questions, I will" he says as a bunch of them start talking all at the same time "If you would like to make an appointment to talk about your concerns we can do that."

Derek: "You were right. Excellent danish." he gives Richard a smug look as he takes another bite

Mark: 'All right, Irving, I'm taking off the growth. Let me know if you feel any pain."

Tom: "He gets so many of these. We should have the nursing home examine him when they bathe him."

Irving: "I bathe myself."

Irene: "Of course you do, Irving. He could fall in the tub."

Irving: "Why don't you two go get me a cup of coffee?"

Tom: "You already had a cup, dad. Too much isn't good for your ticker."

Irene: "Well, he can have decaf, tommy. We'll go get you a nice cup of decaf." she bends down to speak closer to him

Irving: "Thank you, sweetie. You know, I'm not demented. I'm just old." he says as the couple walks out the room

Mark: "All right, uh, Mr. Waller. All done."

Irving: "All done."

Mark: "There might be a little redness, But it should heal up nicely. Got it?" he helps him sit up on the bed

Irving: "I've had these skin things for 30 years. I'm not worried" he assures before taking a glance at the door "What I'm really here for is an a-m-s 700."

Mark: "The, uh, penile implant?"

Irving: "Yeah."

Mark: "Well, usually the first step In treating erectile dysfunction's drug therapy. I can, uh, if you're having symptoms, write you a prescription."

Irving: "No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I took those pills years ago. They never even gave me a liftoff. And then my wife died, and I gave up. But...I'm seeing this new gal from the east wing. Uh, she's a younger woman, and...I don't want to disappoint."

Mark: "I understand. But it is a surgical procedure, So...there is a question of safety, given your age."

Irving: "My age. It's always my age. Ah. The golden years. Let me tell you about the golden years, doc. There's just gotta be more to life than eating pudding and watching "CSI." Now come on. Can you give an old man a working Johnson?" he asks as mark chuckles a little

Sky: "Stevens, I have something for you if you're interested."

Cristina: "Well, I'm interested." she quickly says making Sky give her a look before looking over at Izzie

Sky: "Uh, an MVC came in a while back. During his workup, I found an abdominal sarcoma. Since then, I've been following his recurrences, and, uh, he came back today with his third one. Wondered if you could scrub in if you feel ready."