Chapter 1

Sky is making out with a man against the wall of the bathroom in Joe's. He starts kissing her neck when her pager goes off.

Sky: "Wait, wait, wait. Hold on." she pushes him away a little and sees how Richard is paging her

Man: "Everything okay? Do you need to leave?" he asks as she sends a message to Owen telling him to take the page and then she sets her phone down

Sky: "Nope. Everything's good. Now where were we?" she asks pulling him back into a kiss

Richard: "I paged you last night." he says to Sky who looks at something on her phone before putting it away

Sky: "Uh yeah I saw. Sorry I was busy. But I-uh. I sent Hunt."

Richard: "I wanted you. We haven't operated together in a while."

Sky: "Oh...well from what he told me everything went fine. So..." she shrugs and he goes to say something when Bailey comes over to them

Bailey: "Chief."

Richard: "Oh, Dr. Bailey. Welcome back."

Bailey: "Thank you, sir."

Sky: "Good to see you." she gives her a small smile 

Richard: "We missed you here. The place isn't the...same. Uh, did you get cleared for surgery?"

Bailey: "What do you mean, "cleared for surgery"? Who has to clear me?"

Sky: "Oh yeah. Trauma counselor. Wants to make sure we're all stable in the head before operating on people."

Derek: "Right. Hey, uh, yes, good morning. Thank you. Thank you very much" he says to the staff who claps for him when he comes over to them and he moves over to stand on the stairs "Good. Thank you. Thank you very much. It's, uh, it's great to be back. First of all, I'd like to thank Dr. Webber for stepping up in my absence. Thank you. Uh, I'm grateful for all of you, for all of your support during my recovery. Thank you. Uh, it's just, uh, so great to be back as chief. I'm grateful for the, uh...I'm sorry. That's a lie. That's what people say, and, uh, the truth is...I hate being chief. I hate it" he breathes before looking over at Richard "Chief Webber...Chief Webber is our chief. Um...and I'm sorry, but this giant...sorry, I gotta go look at this chordoma. I, um, I'm sorry, but...I quit." he says, making people's eyes widen and murmur in shock "Let's go, Kepner. Come on."

April: "Oh, sorry. Okay." she rushes after him

Bailey: "He just quit." she chuckles to Richard and Sky

Sky: "Oh, that was quite a show this morning."

Derek: "I didn't plan it."

Sky: "That's what made it so great. Any regrets?"

Derek: "None. Getting shot turns out to not be the worst thing after all."

Sky: "Cool."

Derek: "Where you headed?"

Sky: "To see Dr. Perkins. So he can clear me."

Derek: "Uh-huh. We gonna talk about it?"

Sky: "Talk about what?"

Derek: "The hickey on your neck. And I know that Mark didn't give it to you because he would have told me about it already. So-"

Sky: "Yeah. We're not talking about it." she walks away from him

Perkins: "I heard you had a traumatic experience. You uh-you froze?