Chapter 1

Zara's POV

The weather is still cold because of the heavy rainfall that washed everything away yesterday. Maybe it washed my emotions, feelings, joy, and sentiments too when my Dad announced his wish to me last night. My gaze runs at the window in front of me which has turned foggy due to rain. I aimlessly draw some jagged lines on the window's misty glass with my index finger. Suddenly there is a knock at the door, causing me to withdraw my fingers in a startled reaction from the window. I stare at the door emotionlessly for a while before mouthing a yes.

The door opens with a cracking voice revealing the face of my maid, Rani.

"Mam! Sir has asked you to get ready because the guests will be arriving here anytime soon,"

she says in a robotic voice.

I nod, which is a signal for her to heads towards my wardrobe and pick up a dress. I close my eyes to calm myself down. I can't argue with my father knowing of how stubborn he is. My father who is actually my uncle had married my mom when my biological father, his younger brother, died. Mom had always told me “never ever go against Khawar Baig, he is the one who sacrificed his whole life for you and me, who didn’t marry because of both of us”. Her entire life, she had always remained under the weight of his generosity which automatically shifted to me like a hereditary trait that is passed onto the next generation.

My father has been telling me for almost a month now that he wants me to marry his best friend's son. I don't want to marry him or anyone yet. I still want to study more and pursue my dream of being a Computer Engineer but I can't say no to my father. It is more like I have no say in front of him. After my mother died, he was the only one for me besides Allah. He raised me both as a mother and a father and sometimes he even became my friend too. I still remember when he found out that I had heart disease, he did everything possible for me so that I could be healthy again; he appointed the world's best doctors and had always been there for me. I couldn’t do anything to hurt my father.

With the help of Rani, I got ready. She told me the guests will be coming in the evening. I was wearing a pink long shirt with black jeans and applied a little makeup.

With every second passing me by, my agitation gets more surged up. I wonder if the guy will also agree to marry someone unknown or not? We haven't even seen each other even once. I only once met his father at my dad's birthday party last year. What if he also doesn't want to marry me? What if he doesn't like me? It's not like I want to get liked by him but I just don't want my father to worry about me.

I have been told that the guests have arrived. I lazily stroll out of my bedroom. I head to the lounge to find my father sitting and talking to an old man of his age.

I clear my throat, a way to gain their attention.

"Oh, Zara beta! You are here," my father exclaims cheerfully. He is looking so happy today.

(A/N beta: Daughter)

My father stands up, putting his hand over my head lovingly.

"Adeel! Meet my daughter Zara." He introduces me proudly.

"Assalam O Alikum!" I greet him with a small smile curling my lips.

"Walaikum Assalam! How are you beta?" Adeel Raissani asks with a smile.

"I am fine," I reply while sitting in front of him on the couch.

But where is his son? Why didn't he come?

"Where is Armaan? He didn't come with you?" My father asks him as if he could read  the question in my head.

"Armaan has to finish something in the office. He will be coming any time soon," Adeel Raisaani replied.

He goes on and asks me some questions regarding my studies. He seemed to know about my heart condition, I assumed by how he was inquiring about my doctor appointments from Dad. This kind of amazed me that he has accepted me as his daughter in law knowing the heart condition.

"Assalam O Alaikum!" I snap out of my thoughts upon hearing a husky, deep voice.

I lift my face up to meet my eyes with a handsome blue-eyed guy. He is hot, I admit. He is so damn tall, wearing a grey suit, perfect jawline with a little nice-looking beard, and a crooked nose adding more to his handsomeness.

His crystal blue eyes meet mine and a smirk forms on his lips maybe because he saw me ogling at him like an idiot. I blush at this, immediately turning my face to the other side.

What he will be thinking about me? I mentally curse myself for being this stupid.

"Zara beta, He is Armaan Raissani, my son," I smile awkwardly when his father introduced him to me. I glance at him and mouthed salam to which he replied with a nod. He is glaring at me with his jaws clenched.

Why he is so arrogant? Can't he reply a greeting back?

"So regarding the marriage, I have to hurry as Armaan has to leave for New York in a month." His father said.

In a month! Are you crazy?

"May I have a few words with her alone," Armaan asks my father with a questionable look on his face emphasizing the word alone.

What does he want to talk to me? I don't want to be alone with a jerk like him. I sigh when my father replies with a yes. Why is Dad doing things which are absolutely against my will?

*********

It is feeling like Armaan is the host and I am the guest as he keeps on walking ahead of me towards the garden. It seems like he knows my house more than me. Great!

He has been walking really fast and I have to almost run to be able to catch up with him but still, I wasn't able to do so.

He suddenly stops walking and turns behind to face me.

"Say no to this marriage, now." He orders.

I look at him with wide eyes. So my guess is right. He is forced into the marriage just like me.

"Why?" I ask while folding my arms in front of my chest.

He furrows his brows at my question.

"Because I don't want to marry someone I don't know and you are not my type," He replies with a frown.

"I can't say no to my father." I simply reply.

He squints his eyes and starts to walk toward me with a smirk on his face. I instantly take a few steps back. He is still approaching me. A gasp leaves my mouth upon realizing my back hit the tree. He places both his hands on either side of my head and closes the gap between us.

"What are you doing?" I ask nervously.

"You are gonna say no otherwise I'll make your life a living hell if you become my wife." He warns me grinding his teeth.

My eyes get widen in shock upon hearing this. What can I do in this case? My father will not understand and there is this rude guy who is already planning on making my life hell? Where have I trapped myself? He shot me a last warning glare before going back inside.

Jerk!

What do I do now?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Well, guys! How are you? What do you think about this chapter? Do you like Zara? Do you like Armaan? What do you think, Zara will marry him or not?

Well, do you like the opening chapter? If you like this chapter then please take your time to press the vote button and comment down your opinion or critique feedback. I am more than happy to take them! :-)