Chapter 75

Shaiq's POV

"Really?  I smirk at her.

Something comes in my mind and my smirk grows wider as I lean towards her. Zainab soon gets to know my intention considering how her face turns pale.

"No, Shaiq. Don't do this! " She yells while trying to get up from the couch.

Before she can even move, I grab her arm and make her fall on the couch again. She looks at me with wide eyes full of a scare when I hover over her.

"Shaiq, don't. Please, " she mumbles in a low voice.

"How was my coffee, then?" I ask as I put my hand under her waist and push her up, towards me. I raise my other hand and reach her stomach.

She gasps when my hand brushes against her stomach area. This is one of the few times when this bomb Zainab becomes vulnerable. Seeing her frightened and anxious face, I move my fingers softly on her stomach. She shuts her eyes as she was expecting something hard from me.

"It was really good. I was just kidding. Don't do this, Shaiq. You know really well that I can't bear tickling. Please." She binds her both hands in the form of asking forgiveness.

I have to bite my lower lip in order to suppress a laugh at how cute she is looking right now with her puppy eyes.

"Good girl," I mumble and leave her waist but I groan when something doesn't let me move away from her.

I look back at Zainab's astonished face and then the thing which is binding us right now. The hook of the silver necklace in her white, bare neck is meshing with the button of my T-shirt. At this time, she is closer to mine that our faces are just a few inches apart. I can smell her sweet fragrance from this distance. In order to come to this level, she has both elbows placed on the soft pad taking support from the seat of the couch.

I stare at Zainab's face in a haze. From her thick eyebrows to her arched brown eyes to her slanted pointed nose, finally to her pink plump lips and that small black mole above them. My hand which is still under her waist is engulfed by her long, sleek, and soft brown hair. How beautiful she is!

I come out of my thoughts when this particular thought comes into my mind. How can even I think like this? She is just my cousin, my best friend, and nothing else. I should stop my mind from wandering around. The position we are in right now is so embarrassing; as I am totally hovering over her, her face is so closer to me.

I again stare at her necklace terribly tying with my button and raise my hand towards it. I try to yank my button but all in vain as it isn't coming out of it. I clench my lower jaw in frustration as this time, I pull the hook of Zainab's necklace. This causes my fingers to rub against the delicate and smooth skin of her neck. Electrifying sensations run in my fingers just on this meager contact of her fair, slim neck. A desire emerges in my heart to touch and feel this soft skin again. Obliviously, I look up at Zainab who is already gaping at me without blinking her eyes.

My stare perhaps has induced her to come out of the daze and she hastily grabs her necklace and tries to unlink it. But this causes her to raise her elbows from the couch and in a blink of an eye, she lost her balance and falls on the couch. Due to my button still attach to her necklace, I too go down with her. And the next thing which happens, makes my eyes become wide in shock; my lips directly lands on her full lips. My eyes go to Zainab who has the same expressions as me.

We stay in this flabbergasted state for a while before Zainab harshly pushes me away which causes her necklace to torn. I abruptly stand up while rubbing my forehead in embarrassment. What was that? We just have a kiss. I kiss Zainab, my best friend.