Chapter 73 ( part 2)

Zara's POV

"Where are you taking me to?" I turn towards Armaan in confusion.

"You'll get to know in few minutes, " he replies in a monotonous tone.

I look at him with a scowl. I know he won't tell me unless he himself wants, even if I ask him thousands of times. I turn my gaze to the outside. I blankly stare at him when he stops the car, gets out of the car, and strolls towards my side. He opens the door and pulls out his hand towards me. I hesitate for a moment before laying my hand in his bigger one.

I come out of the car while my eyes roam around. The coffee shop which is on our right is the only building here. Has he brought me here?

"Where we are going?" I ask him.

"You were sick so I thought to bring you here and have coffee with you. It will be good for your flu as well, " he replies while smiling.

"What so big in this that you were hiding it from me?" I shrug my shoulders.

"There is something else as well which I wanted to keep as a surprise, " He slowly tugs my hair behind.

"What?"

I narrow my eyes when his hand reaches his pants pocket and he takes out a box from inside. He takes my hand softly in his hand and with the other one, he flips open the box. My mouth gets open in awe when I spot a bulky gold ring in his hand. He slides the ring in my finger.

"That's my Mom's ring and she wanted to give it to her daughter in law," he explains.

I touch the ring with my fingers. How beautiful it is! It's so big with a small stone placed on top of the lump of the gold. But for what I am happier is that I have got something which belongs to Armaan's mother. I still have a longing to meet her and get to know what type of person she was.

"Thanks for this," I show him a smile.

He doesn't say anything but his smile grows deeper while caressing the back of my hand.

My gaze flows from Armaan's face to the scenery behind me. I get stiffen beholding a maroon car settling some distance away from where we are. What shocked me more is the girl sitting on the front seat; why does she look familiar? I jog ahead to get a closer view of her but soon the car turns back and within a blink of an eye, it has gone.

I just get a single abrupt glance of that girl, still, her features are feeling so familiar to me. The same long black hair which is almost encircling her small face; the same arched eyes; the same straight and pointed nose; The same plump lips above which a small black mole is present.

My eyes gape open in astonishment when I take her picture in my mind and it does match with who I have been imagining her as.

Zainab; Shaiq's cousin and best friend. What is she doing here?

"What happens, Zara?"

I come out of my thoughts when Armaan taps my shoulder. I divert my eyes from the now empty nook where the car was laying and look at Armaan.

I shake my head in denial while giving him a smile. Why I am so stunned seeing Zainab here. She can come here like I do. It's not that peculiar. Perhaps I am overthinking. But who was with her on the driving seat? Everything happens so quickly that I haven't even got to see the other person.

"Are you okay? You aren't feeling cold, right?" He asks in a concerned voice.

My smile grows wider seeing his panicked face. He cares for me too much.

"No, I am fine, Armaan," I tell him.

"Then let's go inside. Shall we?" He offers me his hand once again.