Chapter 9

I open the door to find a slim and beautiful American girl on the other side. She is wearing a short skirt which was hardly reaching her knees and a pink sleeveless top. Her red-dyed hair falling on her shoulders adding more to her beauty. She removes her branded sunglasses off her eyes and smiles cheerfully when she noticed me.

"Hello, Zara Mam! I am Ana, Armaan Sir's personal assistant and he has ordered me to help you in picking a dress," she states while her smile not leaving her dark red lips.

Pick a dress? Why? What is he up to?

Before I could ask her anything, the phone buzz in my hand causing me to divert my attention from her. I stare at the screen to find Armaan's name on it. Why he is calling me?

I smiled apologetically to Ana before picking up the phone.

'Hell...'

'I have sent Ana, my secretary to you. Go and buy some formal dress for you for a business party. I want to see you ready at seven pm tonight. I have to introduce you to some of my friends and remember to not open your mouth to talk crap in front of anyone at the party.'

Before I could reply, he cut the call. Jerk! He didn't even tell me about this party earlier.

" Mam, shall we go now? "Ana ask.

"Yeah but just a minute, let me fetch my bag from inside," I tell her and rush inside. I change my dress hurriedly and put my credit card in my handbag before walking back outside.

Ana again smiles when she sees me causing me to smile back at her. She smiles a lot I guess. She gestured me to sit in the blue Lamborghini parked outside. I nod and follow her to the car. Soon we reach a boutique shop. After some time, I was able to choose a sleek and elegant light pink sleeveless frock with the same colored pajamas. It has white-colored net all over it and the border has design imprinted on it. I was about to pay for the dress when Ana stops me.

"Mam, Sir has already paid for the dress. You don't have to pay."

I raise my eyebrow in question. I don't want to take any of his favors so that he will make fun of me in the future. I really want to turn the balls in my court and pay myself instead but its not a good idea to do this in front of Ana. She may get the wrong idea. I will give him the money once I will reach home.

After that, Ana takes me to a salon. They make over me as I told them - the formal look. She undoes my hair and puts loose wavy curls. I see my reflection in the mirror; light pink frock which covers my body till knees with narrow pajamas which are hugging my legs tightly, silver pencil heels adorning my feet. I smile looking at the girl standing in front of me.

"Mam you are looking really pretty," Ana compliments which I reply with a smile.

It's already been evening and darkness has started to spread all over. Soon we left the salon for going back to the farmhouse. The weather has gotten more chilly yet pleasant. Ana left after dropping me home. I hug my arms when the cold breeze hit me as soon as I get out of the car. I thanked her and head towards the inside. I wonder if Armaan has got back home or not.

I take out the spare keys from my purse and was about to unlock the door when it opens itself causing me to bump against something hard and rock-like. Is it a wall? Then what is a wall doing here?

"See where you are go..."

Oh, so this wall is none other than my husband's muscular chest. I lift up my head to find him dressed up with a branded navy blue suit. His dark black hair which normally would befall onto his forehead now perfectly push to the back giving him a more mature look and adding more to his usual handsome figure. I notice him looking at me from up to down then again down to up then his eyes get a fix on my face with his lips partially open like he wants to say something.

Is he checking me out?

A smirk form on my lips on the thought. His wanderer's eyes now get fixed on my face like he is memorizing my features.

"Are you ogling over me?" I ask biting my lower lip to suppress the smile.

He suddenly snaps out of his thoughts and rubs the back of his neck slightly.

"No, I was actually wondering that these high heels also didn't help your height. You are still looking so short," he says while pointing his hand towards my heels.

I purse my lips in a thin line in anger. He is really something.

"You should be thankful that I am not a few inches taller otherwise I would have smacked this face of yours," I mumble while checking my phone.

"Hey! What are you mumbling?"

"Nothing, didn't we have to go somewhere?" I ask while putting my hands on my waist.

"Oh yeah, we are getting late. Let's go," he says hurriedly walking ahead towards his car. I follow him.

"Are they your business-related friends?" I ask once we get into the car. He again as usual gets busy with his phone.

"Of course otherwise why would I be introducing you to my other friends," he replied sarcastically lifting his head and giving me his full attention.

Can't he just talk properly instead of mocking?

"Jerk!" I mumble again.

He raises a brow and put his arm behind me on the back of the seat and lean towards me. His blue eyes have been glowing more in the darkness of the car. His usual cologne starts filling my nostrils giving me nostalgic feelings.

"Loo,k girl, if you really want to fight then do it properly and talk clearly not like this which I can't even understand, and secondly, we have to act as a normal and lovable couple in front of them and I will not bear you any blunder, understand?"

I nodded at which he backs off while giving me a final glare.
*-*-*- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Assalam O Alaikum/ Hello everyone! I hope you are doing fine. Today I was rather free so I decided to update this book. Moreover, maybe because we have hit 1K reads. Yey!!!

Thank you so much everyone who has read this book. A special thank you to those who have voted and commented on this.