Chapter 30

Armaan's POV

With a heavy conk, the car's door gets open and a thumping sound echo in the air. The instant I
settle on the seat, the first thing my eyes figure out is the gloomy darkness is the sleeping Zara with her head lurching here and there is a slow, steady rhythm. I grab her shoulder gently and delicately push her head against the back of the seat.

It's such a repose that my phone is able to capture some signals and I am able to call the driver for procuring another car. The soft scrunching sound brings me out of my thoughts. Unwittingly, a smile emerges on my face when I see her head likewise swaying when she once again devoid herself from the support of the back. I tug the loose strand of hair behind her ears when she lay her head on my shoulder. I stare at her baffled with her sudden act. She snorts and settles her head more deeply on my shoulder.

My gaze again starts exploring each and every feature of her when in this close proximity, the moonlight embraced her face. It's like a whole new world has spread like a new revelation in front of me. Her cheeks and nose have gotten a tint of pink due to the sneezing and flu. She snuggles more onto my shoulder with a pout adorning her lips.

Unknowingly, my lips curl up in a smile seeing my shirt almost engulfing her small figure. I push the sleek strand of her hair behind her ear when my fingers brush against her hot and fabrily cheeks. Has she got a fever? I touch her cheeks again only to get confirmation that she has a high temperature.

A knock on the window causes me to look outside. The driver looks at me with a questionable look along with shoving the torchlight inside the car. I glance at Zara who is quivering slightly while her eyelids quaver due to the nudging of the sharp light coming from the torch. I am sure, she is not going to wake up like this.

"Do you have the spare tier by any chance?" I ask the driver as I pull down the glass of the window.

He nods his head.

"Then change the tier of this car and you will drive it afterward."

"Okay, Sir. I'll do it right away, " he says diligently.

I look back at Zara when he leaves. She is trembling more now with time to time sniffling coming out of her mouth. At that moment, only one thing comes into my mind. I pull her shuddering body closer to me to give my body's heat to her.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I gaze at Zara when the car comes to a halt on the porch. She is still sleeping with the only difference that she is not trembling now.

"Zara, wake up." I pat her cheeks slightly but there is no response from her except a soft sniffle. Sighing, I pull her up in bridal style and come out of the car.

Its still midnight and the humidity in the air has become more dense and increased. I lay her down on the bed softly and pull the duvet on her. She sobs and hugs the duvet tightly. I touch her forehead with the back of my hand and to my despair, she is still burning from fever.

I wet the cloth pad in warm water and twist it so that it can become dry from water. I place the damped pad on her forehead. She again starts quivering even she is clasping the duvet around her. And this is due to the thin fabric she is wearing. If she keeps on wearing that shirt, she will suffer more from coldness. Without a second thought, my hands go straight to the shirt she is wearing. But no! How can I do this? This will be so awkward. I stop my hands before they could reach her. This is so frustrating.

"Sir, what happens to her?"

I look at the door to find a maid standing there, staring confusedly at Zara. Like a sparkle, an idea comes into my mind. This is the only option left and which is possible to do too.