Chapter 8

His eyes are shooting daggers at me. I bend on my knees in an attempt to take the phone off the ground but before I can reach it, it was already grasped by a hand. I look up to see he was fiercely staring at me.

"I have told you to not come here then what the heck are you doing here?" He shouts causing me to shrink in fear.

For the first time, I have seen him in this anger. He would normally just tease me and make fun of me but he never yells at me. Is this girl someone important to him?

" I, I was just getting bored so I thought to..." I intentionally stop when he grabbed my arm. Its not because I get scared because of him but because I want to know why he doesn't want me to enter this library.

"So you find the place where I have told not to go to kill your boredom. You really want to get locked in one room," He again retorted in anger causing me to lose my mind. Now he is getting on my nerves. I tried to get myself free from his grip but he was like a solid wall. He doesn't even move an inch. I look up at him in frustration.

"What is seriously wrong with you? I can go wherever I want and you are no one to stop me. Now let me go," I blurt out while trying to remove his hand off my shoulder.

"This is my house and you are in my Nikkah and I can do whatever pleases me and I don't like overbold girls," he stated while harshly snatching the book from my hand.

"And next time, I won't waste my time to warn you. So it's better for you to abide by me." He places the book back on the rack while his eyes fixed on me. He slowly loses his grip on my arm.

I grind my teeth tightly in anger. He has no right to talk to me like that. I am not a thing which he has brought from a dealer.

"Look Mister! I am not your puppet whom you can move as you want and I am not a weak, coward girl who can easily scared from your oh so high persona," I moved my arms in the air making a sign of big.

I saw he raises a brow at me in confusion and then opens his mouth to say something but a moment later he closes it again. His facial expressions get softens and he was just staring at me like he wants me to know something. I take the chance and slide past him to walk away but I groaned when he held my arm. He jerks my arm so that I was now facing him.

Is this guy alright mentally?

"Who are you?"

My hands which were slapping his big ones from my arms stop moving and I lift my head up to look at him with wide eyes. His blue orbs were digging in mine and again his stare was irritating me.

Now I am sure, he has got something in his upper case!

"Are you alright? You don't...."I fired full of sarcasm.

"Have we met before?" He ignores my whining and again starts.

"What are you saying? Is this another way to tease me then let me know so we can play fair and square" "I ask him annoyingly.

" Forget it, "He mumbles and turns back without giving me a second look.

This guy is really weird!

My eyes instantly go to the red-covered book. How much I want to read this. I pout my lips. I was craving for it. Unexpectedly my hand lifts up to touch it but before I could do this, a harsh voice came into my hearing.

"Get out of here quickly. Can't you walk fast?"

I frowned at his voice. A moment ago, he was all lost and now he came back to his jerk self. I stick my tongue at his back and started walking.

"What do you need from me?" I ask when we were out of the library.

"I don't want anything from you, I just want to save the library from your shadow." He said while locking the library door.

"And don't again touch that book. I hope you have already understood otherwise I know how to get things in my hand."

"Are you threatening me?" I asked while raising a brow.

"That exactly what I am saying," He then grip my both shoulders.

"If you want to stay with me, then you have to do what I want because you have no other option as your father won't allow you to take a divorce on your own."

And yes he is right. I have no option left since I can't tell anything to my father. If I ever try to do that, he will scold me instead and he would never allow me to take khula as his friendship is more important than anything else. It seems like I am in a closed dark room with no exit.

Before I could say anything, he rushed out of the house. Now I notice, he has a blue file in his hand. He maybe came here to fetch this file. I hear my stomach growl. I am so hungry and there is nothing to eat. Now I should help myself otherwise I will die from starvation. I pin up my hair in a loose bun and walked towards the kitchen.

I open the fridge to find all the raw things waiting for my attention. I take a deep breath to relax before taking out the chicken. I take my phone and open youtube on it. I search for chicken recipes and start following what the chef was doing. If it has to happen this way, then it let it happen!

After many hours of hectic and frustration, along with burning my left hand, I was able to at least cook something. I wrap my burned hand in my dupatta while taking out bread from the fridge. I fried it a bit. I become amazed when I saw perfectly fried bread in front of me.
Now let's see Zara, what have you made!
I take a bite of it and yeah, it's not so bad. It's actually quite edible.

After eating, I put the remaining in the fridge when the doorbell ranged. I gaze at the closed-door confused who came at this time when it's not the time of Armaan to get home.

I wipe my soaked hands with a towel before walking towards the door. I opened the door to find a slim and beautiful girl on the other side. She smiles cheerfully when she noticed me. But who is she?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Assalam O Alaikum /Hello everyone! How are y'all? How is your Ramadan going on? Here is another chapter for you guys. If you like this then please vote and comment. ❤️