Chapter 15

This chapter is dedicated to UnzilaSheikh

Zainab's POV

"So this is about your Prince Charming?"

I glance at him only to again divert my attention back to my hands which are settling on my lap. What should I tell him? That I don't even get to talk to him for many days. That he doesn't even contact me back. That my life is on stake if he won't make a decision. Instead of saying anything, I start fidgeting with my fingers.

"So it is, " Shaiq sighs while taking a sharp turn on the left.

"So for how long will you wait for him? He has got married Zainab and you know what it means to get..."

"Can we not talk about this for now. I am not in the mood," I interrupt him. Unexpectedly, he always gets thoughtful when talking about this.

"If that asshole will think of ditching you, I won't spare him this time. He is putting you in delusive contentments for years now. "

"He is not doing anything like that and stop calling him with these stupid names, " I yell clearly knowing I shouldn't have. He is somewhat right. Shaiq doesn't really like Armaan. In his eyes, he is a playboy who is only fooling around with me. And as someone contended about me as Shaiq, it is not odd to think like that. I and Armaan have been together for two years barely a single time during this, he has visited my parents. At first, his father was not complying with it and now he is being settled into a forced marriage. 

"Okay so next time when I will come to your house, Aunty will ask me to put a sehra on Shakir's head and bring him along with me."

This time, I look at him with an alarm in my eyes. How the heck he knows about Shakir when I don't tell him that. He peeks at me with side-eyes while his head still on the front.

"How do you know about Shakir?" I ask in confusion.

"Shakir Qureshi is my Dad's friend. And Auntie didn't invite me for no reason. She has asked me to check up on Shakir."

What is this all about? When I have asked them to give me time, they permit me. Now, what is this?

"Wait, wait, wait!!" I restlessly jump the seat.

" I have already talked with my parents regarding this and this chapter is closed at least until Armaan will come back," I say.

To my least expect, now I am sitting on the seat with both of my feet on it.

"Do you think they are fools or you are genius?" Shaiq laughs a little in sarcasm.

"What do you mean?" I ask in turmoil.

"I will tell you the meaning after University," Shaiq replies while twisting the gear. I don't realize we have already reached university. What did he want to say by the way? What my parents are up to. Shaiq parks the car and about to open his door when I grab his arm.

"Tell me what were you trying to say," I ask popping my eyes.

"That Professor Wali maybe wants to kill me already but if we get more late than this, he won't think twice to kill you too." He announces and shows his wrist in front of my eyes. Oh no! We are already short of five minutes. Hurridly,  I open the door of my side and get out of the car. That stupid punk has given me more distress by not revealing what he has in his mind right now.

                        *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Zara's POV

My eyelids slightly disturb due to the dandelion sunlight peeking through the half-opened window meddle with my face. I sit up while rubbing my eyes. Again my back is aching due to sleeping on the floor in a heavy dress. My eyes scan the entire room to find the bed empty. I fold my hair into a loose bun. My head already getting heavy maybe due to lack of sleep. I get up carefully not to trip on my dress. I am nearly to step out of the room when Armaan enters. Thank God I stop in my track at the right time otherwise this will be again an embarrassing bump.