Chapter 29

Zara's POV

The chilled and brisked frigid breeze whack against my body momentarily after I get out of the frost sensing water. I don't concede that I have drenched my upper body too when I bend down to grab my necklace or should I say only the broken chain. And now this cold breeze is hitting me like a slam all over my figure. The only thing which I have gotten is this useless cracked chain which doesn't count to me. The thing which matters is that white diamond which Dad has given to me; that is nowhere to be seen. I recklessly sit on my knees again near the same huge irregular stone but to my despair, there is not even a strangled mite of sand let alone my precious diamond. Where has it gone? Maybe the vigorous wind from earlier has stolen it along with it.

"This is for you. Whenever I will not be with you, just look at it and you will see my picture in this. I will talk to you whenever you will touch this picture. "

At first, the ten years old me had believed this. At that time, whenever I was even able to see his picture, I always used to talk to him. And then I came to know, he had for real craved his picture in this.

Tears start well up in my eyes when the only thing which my lens is discerning is anguish, misery, and disappointment.

"Are you looking for this?"

My eyes glisten at the sight of white, sparkling things in Armaan's hand. I promptly get up and grab the diamond from his hand. My diamond. My Dad! I have finally found you.

"From where do you get this?" I ask, my voice quivering due to the combination of sorrow from earlier and happiness from now.

"I see it near this stone when I come here " he replies briefly gesturing towards the same stone which I was looking for my necklace earlier.

I kiss the diamond with my eyes wet from crying.

"Thank you so much!" I don't realize when and why I have said this. I wipe my wet eyes with the back of my hand. The sudden feel of warmness and insulation around my arms gets me to attent away from the necklace. I confusedly stare at the black blazer around my shoulders. The smell of his usual cologne arising from the blazer is filling my nostrils, driving unusual sentiments into me.

"Its cold here and you are drenched, cover yourself with this. Moreover, I don't know when we will be able to get back home." He says as he crams his both hands in his pocket.

"What do you mean?" I ask, perplexed.

"The car has gotten punctured on my way here and this area is devoid of any signals so I can't call anyone for help too," he replies with a sigh.

I am sure, it has happened when he comes after me here but I am stunned, he hasn't accused me of anything like the way he always does. I look around, there is not a single soul here. The sun is already apt to set anytime soon as a result, dull orange light is occupying the whole scenery. The timely chirping of the birds, ready to get back to their homes is the only sound that is audible.

I hug the blazer more tightly when the cold breeze hit my arms. With that, I feel a lump stifling the upper area of my nose. I cover my face with both hands when a sneeze leaves my nose escorting the water coming from my eyes. With that, my sneezing reflex gets hyperactive accompanying every degree rise in coldness. I sniffle my nose when liquid starts oozing from it too.

"Come in the car or you'll get a fever. It's getting colder, " Armaan says seeing me sneezing uncontrollably. I nod frantically and follow him. I am sure, my nose has gotten red by now.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I scrunch my nose hard when another sneeze leaves my mouth. We both are now sitting at the back seat of the car. According to Armaan, it's safer if we stay here as no one will be able to see us in the darkness of this area. I rotate my worn eyes outside, this place is looking really creepy due to almost no street lights present here or maybe because no one has come here since the time we have been here. The only light here is white calming glint of twinkling stars. My head is already hurting due to constant sneezing. But the intensity of coldness is increasing each passing moment. Perhaps I am feeling colder because of my wet clothes.