Chapter 47

Zainab's POV

The delicate yet bristly brown tiny brush, whose tip has eventually tainted into an unknown hue after being used for a whole decade, is still running smoothly on the canvas; preserving its own and my dignity. A smile appears on my face when I take a glance at the sketch board in front of me. A huge farmhouse is glowing in the light of sunshine. On the far corner, the water of the lake is seeming dandelion due to the same sunrays plummeting on it.

I drop the paintbrush inside the small cube-shaped plastic cup having clear water and push it's tip deep inside it to wash the brush from any excessive paint. It's been after such a while, I am doing my hobby of painting. Perhaps due to the hectic schedule of University, I stop doing this. But today an odd feeling has urged me to unlock the old worn out room at the roof of my home and portray whatever is in my mind.

For the purpose of getting my painting dry as soon as possible, I drag the portrait stand in front of the window from where hazy rays of the sun are making their way inside the room.

I waver my hands in the air considering how sweaty I am getting.

"You are again sitting here without the fan, Zainab."

I turn back hearing the familiar voice; my smile
gets deeper seeing the person.

"Hi Shaiq," I chime with excitation.

"You still have the courage to greet me in this state." He turns the button up present on the right wall.

"You know right the fan will make my pages fly and then I end up losing concentration, " I reply with a timid smile.

I push the wooden stool under the fan and make myself settle on it. A sigh of relief leaves my mouth when cool air tumbles on my face. Shaiq too sits beside me.

"So here comes our artist Zainab back, huh?" Shaiq says with a smile.

"I am not that good enough to be called an artist." I tug the impinging strands of hair away from my neck to allow the air to invade the sweaty area.

"What have you made?"

"Go look for yourself," I point towards the stand.

He gives me an amusing smile before going towards the window. He first bends on his knees before the canvas and then his eyebrows lift up as an ecstatic look adorns his face.

"That's so amazing. Which colors did you use?" He looks up at me.

"The ones which you gifted me on my last birthday."

"So that was the work of my given paints. That's why I was wondering how can you make such a beautiful sketch," he asserts as a smug look appears on his face.

"Hah! Very funny, " I cross my both arms on my chest in annoyance, "Anyway, what brings you here?"

"So I need a reason to visit my friend's house?" He asks back as he comes back and sits next to me.

"But other than that, I do have hot spicy news for you as well, " he winks.

What spicy news is he talking about?