Chapter 68 ( Part 2)

Zainab's POV

I stare at Shaiq's back when he gets out of the car in disappointment. After he goes to the front and opens the bonnet, I am no longer able to see his face. I let out a sigh. Why this car has to become out of order today? How will we go then? On top of all, I am not really excited to come here; I have just come because of Shaiq and his mom.

I tap my fingers impatiently on the dashboard while waiting for Shaiq. When is he going to come? I bite my nails recklessly. When there is nothing inside the car which can make my eager mind to rest, I begin to look through the glass window.

Despite being more or less the time of the evening, this area is devoid of any human. The weather here is markedly different than there in Lahore as it is really pleasant here with the slightly cold breeze swaying around. The area itself is really barren but still, I like the feel this wide area is giving me.

A black car rushes towards the opposite side and within a few seconds, it stops in its track, drawing my attention to it. Why does it look familiar? I lower my head and narrow my eyes to get a better view of the person on the driving seat but because his face is turned towards the other side, I can't catch a glimpse of him. Maybe I am just overthinking. It's not like there will be only one car like this in the whole world. I roll my eyes at my own stupidity while diverting my gaze.

After a while, the rough sound of the car echos in the air which prompts me to look at its side again. Though I am still not able to see the face of the person who just comes out of the car, his overall figure makes me stare at him more than I wanted considering how familiar vibes I am getting from him. He is wearing a three-piece suit, with his gelled black hair delicately combed back. He raises his hand to close the door again and the watch on his wrist catches my attention.

No, it can't be him. It shouldn't be him.

He finally turns around with the key twirling in his index finger and seeing his face makes my eyes gape open in shock. He takes off his sunglasses from his eyes. He narrows his eyes and I can feel his stare on the car which causes me to turn my face towards the other side. I spread my hair around the side of my face to hide the slightest hint he can even get. I hope he hasn't seen me.

Why Armaan is here?

When I can no longer see the silhouette of a person with my side eyes, I slowly move my head and again gaze out. Armaan has gone while his car is still there. Thank God, he doesn't get to see me, or else I'll be in trouble. I turn behind and saw him taking long swift steps towards somewhere. Something comes in my mind and I cautiously open the door. I come out while my eyes are still on Armaan so that I won't miss him.

I hurridly look at Shaiq who is still busy with the inside of the bonnet. He hasn't seen me coming out. And I am sure, he doesn't know about Armaan as well. I give a final look on Shaiq before taking careful steps after Armaan.

I almost have to run in order to catch up with him. Where is he even going? The area he is walking right now is so muddy and irregular. He is walking too fast as usual. And why he even strolling here when he can use his car? My breath shakes because of running this fast but this does me a favor, that I can easily follow Armaan.

I stumble on my feet when he suddenly stops in his track. My heart starts beating faster as my eyes become wide in fear when he moves in an attempt to turn around. I hurriedly look here and there and spotting a narrow empty street, I don't think before rushing over there. I hide behind the bushes growing along the wall. Armaan must have felt my footsteps behind him.

My jaw drops when I find him coming in front of the same street, I am hiding right now. I can feel my heart thumping so loudly against my chest. I cover my mouth with my hand tightly so that I won't be able to make any sound. I peek through the gashes of the bushes; his eyes are still fixed on here. I lick my lips as the inside If my throat gets drier due to my heavy breathing.