Chapter 24

Zara's POV

The fervor to attain something when it's not in your domain dies down once you get that thing right on your hands. I never believe in this saying in my whole life but today I can't help but concede that how credible this simple aspect of life is. That's not called ungratefulness instead it is something which delves in a human's nature. But probably my condition is different. In a far deep nook of my heart, I still have that burning urge but for my brain, it doesn't seem plausible anymore for the reason I have absolutely no one now to support my dream, both emotionally and financially.

That following morning, I have mixed feelings for the upcoming new aspect of my life. Will I be able to keep it up? But deep down, I am delighted that I will finally be able to pursue my studies. I wear a long baby pink kurta hugging till my knees with white pajamas. For hair, I tie my hair in a ponytail. I apply a little mascara to my eyes and pink lipgloss on my lips. I stare at my reflection on the mirror; the only way to look at yourself without any filter and delay in time. And that reflection is telling me to keep vigor like I always used to do.

My eyes shift from the mirror to the dressing table and they get frozen there by the sight of the black phone on it. Should I keep it or not? I touch the phone with my finger and with a sudden jerk, I feel electricity running through my fingers. His smile appears in front of my eyes. It feels like the touch of his hand has embraced me again like a warm and calm comforter. I immediately pull away my hand. What was that for? Why I am feeling that way all of a sudden?

That's when Armaan enters the room. Why my heart is beating fast just by seeing him?  His blue eyes have never felt that fascinating to me like they are doing now. He looks at me with a questionable look before I divert my stare startled. I maybe have been staring at him for a long time. I grab the phone in my hand.

"I don't need this. Take it back, " I forward the phone towards his direction. He raises his brow in confusion.

"Why?" He inquires.

"I just don't want it, " I reply and walk ahead when my foot twist and I was about to fall when he catches me by my waist. I look at him with widen eyes unable to process what has just happened. My eyes open further in shock when I realize his face is just a few inches away from mine. His blue irises are staring at me with a sign of astound. And at that moment, it feels like that everything has come to a halt except my bizarre paced heartbeat whose strings are playing the melody completely unprecedented and distinctive from before. The feeling of his broad hand on my back is sending unusual sensations to my whole body.

His phone rings and that's when I come back to reality. I instantly get back to my feet and without looking back at him, rush outside. That's so embarrassing. So awkward. I again stumble on my foot. I look down to find the strap of my right sandal still loosens. I am such a fool. I forget to tie them and that's the reason I have fallen in front of him too. I bend down to tie the strap quickly. And great! I have the damn phone still in my hand. Argh! Why it always happens to me?

                     *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I peek through the car's window at the gigantic and spectacular building standing in its full prestige and glory in the heart of the city. A smile creeps on my face when I look at the building more accurately after getting out of the car. All the negative thoughts from earlier vanish out in a spark second when I listen to the faint talks of the students. By taking an apprehensive deep breath, I walk ahead taking small steps. The mild refreshing breeze is snuggling with my body leaving me in an unexplained blend of joy yet nervousness.

I look at every student. Some are chattering, others are busy with their books when my eyes spot a familiar figure. This can't be true. My eyes pop out in shock and I take a few steps back unknowingly. What is that airhead doing here? Why I always get to meet him?

I have a gut feeling that we will meet again.

I knew it that we will meet again.

What is he? I am sure he is a stalker otherwise why he always knows that where I am going and we are gonna meet? He is talking to a girl whose face I can't see because her back is toward me. Why again? He spots me and a smile adorns his lips upon seeing me. He says something to the girl he was talking to and walks towards me. No please don't come. I turn on my toes and cover my face with the file in my hand.

"Oh my God! What a coincidence. You also study at this University?" he chimes in the excitement by coming near to me causing me to stop in my track. Why today I remember his name. I nod hurriedly while my face still on the other side.

"Don't call me today by Mister Whatever, I beg you, " he exclaims with a chuckle.

"By the way, is this your first day here?" He asks after a while.

I nod my head vigorously waiting for him to leave me alone.

"Why you are hiding your face from me?"

This guy won't let me live peacefully. But it's better if I have found here someone who knows me although he is a stupid like him. I turn my head to his direction and show him a cheeky smile.

"What's your major?" He asks after getting assured that I wasn't hiding from him.

"Computer Engineering," I reply maintaining the smile.

Please you shouldn't be my classmate. Don'stay that, Shaiq!

"Oh wow! Again a coincidence. We are in the same class," His eyes widen in surprise.

I facepalm myself. Why my every coincidence is set to happen with him.

"Whom have you met, Shaiq?"

I turn my head to the other side when an unfamiliar female voice come into my hearing. She has her face towards Shaiq and the only thing which I can appreciate hers is her long dark brown hair. She is the same girl who was Shaiq talking to when I first saw him.

"She is my Papa's friend Mr. Khawar's daughter and our new classmate Zara, " he replies and that's when the girl looks straight at me with a smile on her face. That smile! Why does that smile look familiar? Her pointed brown eyes, her every feature is speaking that I have seen her before.

"Hello, Zara! I am Zainab, this idiot's best friend and I hope soon to be your best friend too." She pulls her hand towards me with a captivating grin on her face. I look at her with more vigilance. Why I can't remember where I have seen her before?

I take her hand with a smile on my lips.

"Nice to meet you, Zainab. "

That eyes, that slightly crooked nose, and that lips,  I am sure I am familiar to them. I try to think more deeply but I can't remember her. The way she is laughing while babbling and playfully hitting Shaiq is evident that I have seen her before.

"She will somehow get to know that you are an idiot, it's better if she knows it beforehand, right Zara?"

I come back to the present when she calls me. I don't even know what they were talking about. I look her stunned not getting what she was asking about.

"What's wrong?" She asks me.

"Nothing, I was just confused because you look familiar to me but I can't seem to remember, " I reply while laughing nervously.

"Yeah, you have absolutely seen her before, " Shaiq retorts having a straight face. There is no sign of smug or mischievousness on his face. I stare at him a ray of hope in my eyes.

                  *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Assalam o Alaikum! I am back with a new chapter. What do you think will happen next? Do you think that Shaiq knows something? Don't forget to give and comment. ❤