Chapter 64

Zainab's POV

I drag my body towards my bed and grab the dupatta laying on its corner; the border already dropping down, kissing the muddy floor. It's so heavy that my hand tumbles when I abruptly pick it. I stare at the dupatta then the small window on the right side of where I am sitting.

Flee away from your home.

Shaiq's voice again echoes in my ear. I never thought the one who has suggested me this thing, I will be doing it to avoid him. But because of my best friend's sake, I have to do this. When he can sacrifice his life for me, I can also do something to get him out of this trouble.

I wipe my cheeks and wearily stands up. My eyes glance at the locked door of my room. I slowly walk towards the window. It's so high that I can't reach it. I look here and there to find something which can help me with this. My eyes spot a stool and without thinking twice, I plop it directly under the window. I look at the embroidered red dupatta again.

But where will I go? I have no place to go. But that's not what should discourage me from saving Shaiq's life. If he can go this far to say that he loves me, I can also do this not to ruin him.

I stand on the stool and hang the dupatta along with the window. I peek out of the window to find it dangling on the lawn of our house. The distance between the window and the lawn is so wide. Will I be able to do it? I swallow the lump in my throat as I again look at the door to get assured that no one is here. I lift up my heels and the next thing I remember is that I have fallen on the green grass of the lawn.

I hurriedly rub my heels which has got swollen because of my direct landing on the grass on the weight of them. The dazzling sun rays are falling on my face, causing sweat to engulf it. I look here and there and a relieving sigh leaves my mouth when I find there is not a single soul except me.

I wearily get up, stumbling on my steps, and rush towards the main door. After some effort, I am able to unlock it. I hastily open it and run out. Now the question is where will I go. I lift up my own dupatta so that now it's covering my face.

If I will go to the places where I use to work, Shaiq will be able to find me and if I will go to my friend's homes, again Shaiq knows my every friend. Then what will I do? Where should I go where no one will be able to spot me. Something flickers in my mind as I roam my gaze from here to there.

Armaan.

But I will rather die than to go to him and tell him my problem; but that's the only place, Shaiq and my family won't be suspicious of my presence.

I hastily take my steps forward when I find a rough hand on my arm.

"You really think you can flee away and we won't be able to find you?"

My breath gets stuck in my throat as the person yanks my arm and drags me along with him.

"Let me go," I yell and try to remove his strong hand from my arm.

"Don't raise your voice or else I will slap you so hard that this pretty face with the help of which you flirt, will get ruined," he spews in anger.

"Daniyal, I won't marry him. I can't even think about him in that way," I again yell, despite knowing this can fuel his anger.

Daniyal drags me into my room and pushes me on the cold floor.

"You bitch. On the hope of which new lover, you were leaving?" He slaps my face which causes my head to blow onto the corner of the bed.

"I have no one. And I am telling you, Shaiq is lying. I am like a sister to him. I won't marry him and you can't force me, " I shout as tears start oozing out of the eyes.