Chapter 17

Zara's POV

The abrupt transition from a black background to bright whitish illumination on the screen provokes my eyes to squint. I type the required information in the search bar and after a while, a typical university form is displaying in front of me. Even though my admission has been secured by the admitting form submitted by Aila but still as the enrolled student, I have to submit a form that should solely be put forward by the student.

I take a deep breath before filling the mandatory data. My moving fingers stops where they are when the health box emerges on the screen. Although I have encountered this situation many times there is no single moment when my heart along with my fingers quivers while filling out this particular box.

Heart disease! A dull smile form on my lips when I push the submit button. Dull for the reason I can die soon without anyone knowing and smile for I can at least live my life as I want now onwards. This is the least I can yearn. I close the laptop and put it aside. I am really missing Dad. I wonder how he is? Should I call him? I hold my phone to dial his number when Armaan enters the room. He is looking exhausted. I don't realize I am sitting on his bed's edge from the start. He glimpses at me and instead of saying anything which I was expecting, he lays on the bed. What is going on to him? I turn back to find him covering his eyes with his elbow still having his shoes on.

"What's wrong?" I ask at which he lifts his arm from his eyes.

"Nothing, I am just tired, " he replies.

Tired? It's still afternoon, dude!

I am about to say something when the door knocks.

"Come in!" I order.

It's revealing to be a maid.

"Ma'am, Mister Khawar is here. He is asking for you, " she states.

"What? My Dad is here?" I chime in excitement. A while ago I was thinking about him and now he is here.

"Okay, you may go. I'll come," I say at which he nods and walks away.

I am about to go when I realize Armaan is here too. I doubt that he even know what just happens as he doesn't even move an inch from his initial position.

"You won't come? Dad is here, " I tell yet unknown that he is listening.

To my surprise, he again looks at me with heavy eyes after a while. But his eyes look sleepy and swollen.

"What did you say?"

Great! Who the hell can go to sleep this early?

"My dad is here and he will ask about you so come and meet him, " I say louder this time. He sits up after that and rubs his eyes.

"Okay you go first, I'll come after getting freshen up."

"Fine, " I reply and walk away. He is weird.

                    *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Assalam o Alaikum Dad!" I exclaim in excitement when I see him sitting on the sofa. I pace towards him and hug him.

"How is my daughter?" He asks with a smile.

"I am fine Dad but I miss you so much, " I reply with a pout at which he lovingly pats my head. H an about to say something when his phone rings.

"No calls in front of me, Dad." I grab the phone from his hand.

"Fine, " he thinks for a while and mumbles with a smile.

"Oh, my friend is here!" Mister Riassani chimes in excitement and hugs him. He maybe doesn't know Dad is coming here. They start talking making me smile at how delighted Dad is looking in his company. But why Armaan is still not here? I qualm he even remembers what I have told him earlier. I am so fed up with this guy.