Chapter 7

Zara's POV

My back starts aching after two hours of the cleaning of the house. I wipe the sweat on my forehead with the back of my hand and lay down on the couch in the lounge. I still can feel his eyes on me with again a stupid smirk form on his lips. He has been guarding me the whole time I was cleaning like I am a maid, and he is an old woman who is addicted to the over the tidiness of her house.

"Good job! I admire it." I hear his voice and raised my head to glance at him. His eyes still fixed on the screen of his laptop but I know he was talking about me.

"Shut..." I stop myself from saying it as I know this asshole will again embarrass me if I try to hurt his so-called ego.

"What did you say?" He is now looking at me with a questionable look.

"Nothing!!" I almost yell making him glare at me. I ignore him and start looking at the other direction with my jaw clenched hard.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I ask after a while.

" What am I doing to you? "He asks back while putting innocent expressions on his face.

" Don't be so clueless. You know what I am talking about." I raise my voice.

He didn't reply instead stands up from where he was sitting and walk up to me. He placed both hands on the sides of the couch I was sitting and leaned closer to my face.

"To teach you some lessons," he replies then put his index finger on the side of my temple.

"And to put this in your stupid brain that you can't get something by power and control."

His voice gets more like a whisper. He backs off and walks back to where he was seated before.

But what is he talking about? I never get something because I have power and money.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask again raising my voice.

He still didn't reply. He is an asshole who just talks when he wants to.

"Go make coffee for me," he orders lifting his head laptop from the table.

I clenched my jaw in anger. Nobody talked and behaved like this to me ever in my whole life.

"You....!" I hiss in anger. There is no benefit in yelling or even simply talking to him. From what I have learned by being with him for this whole time is that he can do whatever he wants whether by hook or by crook. I have to try another strategy.

But why he is constantly saying I have taken advantage of my money. What is he trying to prove?

*****

I go to his room with a cup of coffee in my hand. I knock the door slightly.

" Come in! "I hear his tired voice.

I open the door and walk into his room to find him lying on his bed with a laptop on his lap. He didn't look up at me.

" Your coffee," I remind him in a low voice.

" Put this on the table." He told me, eyes still fix on his laptop.

I nod and place the cup on the side table. I turn around and was about to go back when he coughs loudly causing a smirk to play on my lips. I turn around to find him choking on the coffee. He puts the coffee back on the table and glare at me furiously.

" This is what you call coffee or you are that dumb to put salt instead of sugar in it." He yells causing me to bite my lower lip to stop the smile. I have deliberately put the salt in his coffee.

"I have already told you I don't know how to cook," I replied pulling again a straight face.

What do you think only you can smirk and tease!!

"Don't tell me you have done this on purpose to annoy me. " He raised his brow.

"Who knows," I said while looking around trying to avoid his glance.

"Oh!!" He sighed, and then he gets up from the bed to stand in front of me. His angry face is no longer to be seen and his facial expression gets relaxed. He held my face up by putting his finger in my chin. What happens to him all of a sudden? He leans closer to my face. I felt my heartbeat increasing. What got into him?

"You think only you can play around." His voice gets husky making shivers run down my spine. His face is only inches away from mine. I can feel his breath on my face.

In the blink of an eye, he grabbed the cup of coffee from the table and pushed the whole liquid into my mouth making me choke on it. I hear him chuckle.

"You jerk...!" I shouted in between coughing.

He started laughing harder and this time I want to slap myself. I am a dumb girl who was thinking bullshit a while ago.

I pushed him by both hands and ran out of his room to the kitchen. I gulped the whole jug of water quickly.

"Asshole!"

*****

It is hella boring here with nothing to do. Thank God, there is an LCD in the lounge which I can use to kill some time. Moreover, I haven't once visited the whole farmhouse because Armaan didn't once leave the house once in these 3 days. He has completely forbidden me to enter his room or to a big room in front of his one. It was locked since I came here. I wonder what secrets he has been hiding in that particular room.

Now as he left for the office, I am free to visit the whole house especially the 1st floor where I barely have seen. There are a library and a swimming pool too. I love how everything is present in that farmhouse. I straighten my back and get up from the couch to walk towards the library. Although he has forbid me to go to the library and that room I am really curious.

I was a book person from my childhood. Even I have my own library in Dad's home. I love reading books. They make me forget some harsh realities of my life. The library is close. I hope it won't be locked. I twist the door's knob slightly and to my surprise it opens with a bang.

Darkness is ruling on the whole library. I lit up my phone's torch and search for a switchboard which I find shortly. Soon the whole library gets illuminated with bright white light and my eyes widened in surprise at how big and spacious it is. Even mine was not that big. There are two racks on either side of it with several smaller ones with different labels written on a piece of paper stacked on racks.

I keep on walking and reading what was written on the books, literature, religion, Shakespeare several Urdu writers, and poets rack was also present here. So he is also a book lover?

My eyes spot a red-covered book. I remember how badly I wanted to have this book but it was under-produced and I couldn't able to bring it. My eyes glistened in joy when I saw it in front of me. I tiptoed and grab the book. I clear the dust on it and open it. So it really is the real edition. How come he has brought it. I am going to steal it.

I was flipping through pages when something falls on the ground from inside the book. I close the book and get on my knees to look at what has fallen. My eyebrows grit in confusion when I saw the thing which has fallen is a photo of a young girl smiling ear to ear. I grab it and stand up again, my eyes never leaving the picture. The girl looks so beautiful and her smile is captivating. Who is she? I turn the picture back but it was all blank.

"What are you doing here?"

A deep voice came into my ears causing the picture in my hand to fall again on the floor.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*Important (Read this)

Hello my dear readers, how are y'all? I hope you are doing fine. First of all, I would like to say thanks to all of you who are supporting me by reading, voting, and commenting on this book. You people are my real motivation who urge me to write more.

Secondly, Ramadan Mubarak to my Muslim readers. May Allah forgive us all in this sacred month. I have to tell my beautiful readers that since its Ramadan so instead of the usual 2 updates a week, I will be updating once a week this month which is most probably every Friday. I will InshaAllah came back to the twice a week thing after Ramadan. I promise:) Love y'll 😘❤️