Chapter 6

Zara's POV

"I don't know how to cook," I simply reply hoping he will get this fucking idea out of his mind. Soniya has told me he can't eat untasty and badly cooked food and this is the first thing I like in him at least at this moment.

His eyes widen in shock like he wasn't expecting me to say that. Then he shakes his head right to left like he gets embarrassment because of what I have just said. Like he is actually expecting me to say yes I know how to cook. Like seriously!

"It's okay, I'll eat anything made from your hand. Just make it quick. I am waiting in the lounge. But I hope you won't put poison in the food." He winks at me before leaving my room.

I grind my teeth and groan in annoyance. It is a good idea to give him poison. I can get rid of this annoying jerk all at once. I sigh a deep breath before walking downstairs. He is sitting on the couch in the lounge watching the Pakistan Vs England match. He notices me and gestures towards the kitchen's direction.

Jerk!

I roll my eyes and walk into the kitchen ignoring him. I really don't know how to cook. I have never cooked in my dad's home because he had appointed maids for this purpose. Moreover, he is a rich billionaire, why would I have the need to go to the kitchen.

I open the fridge to find it full with don't know how many things. Did that jerk comes to NewYork often or someone has been used to live here? I take out eggs and bread from the fridge because these are the only things that I can at least try to make. But not to forget how I messed up its yolk and burned the bread when I tried to make them once. Let's see how well it goes this time.

I break the eggshell and put it in a hot pan to make a fried egg. Suddenly a drop of hot oil falls onto my hand causing me to wince in pain. I put my index finger which has been burned in my mouth to soothe it a little. My mind suddenly clicks when I realize what I was actually doing earlier. I shift my eyes towards frying pan only to be welcome by a sticky and half-burned egg. The yolk again gets messed up and egg white gets stick to the pan. I remove the egg quickly and placed it on a plate in panic. I don't dare to fry bread as I know I will surely burn it.

I make a plate for him and go straight to the lounge only to get me the biggest shock of my life. My pupils dilated at the sight in front of me and then I gritted my teeth in anger. This is not fair!

I see a big box of pizza in its full glory sitting on the coffee table in front of him and he is eating it like a hungry lion. I have been starving for the whole day and by the sight of pizza, my mouth starts to water.

"You jerk! When you already have ordered this then why ask me to make your food," I yell while rushing towards the table, my eyes fixed on pizza.

As my hand was going to grab the slice, he lifts the box in the air. I glare at him which makes him chuckle.

"This is not for you, eat your terrible cooking, darling. I can already see from here how well cooked the egg is," he says in sarcasm while looking at the plate in my hand from the corner of his eye.

There are many emotions which have taken me over; anger, frustration, betrayal and not to forget the immense need to smack someone's head. I grab a cushion from the sofa and throw at him which he catches smoothly and started laughing.

"You jerk, asshole, bastard, idiot! I hope you will have stomach problems after eating it," I yell adding more beautiful titles to my list for his names and rush back towards my room not forget to press my heal bluntly on the floor to make a loud bang.

I can still listen to his chuckles on my way back. I lock my room's door once I was inside and glance at the plate in my hand. The egg looks so deformed and sticky. I am dying of hunger. Then suddenly an idea clicks in my mind. I have a phone, why not I also order something to eat.

I am so dumb. Why I was making a fool out of myself in front of him. I grab my phone from the bed and search for common food franchises in NewYork City. I smile when I find one. Thank God I have a credit. I turn on the location on my phone and dial the number. I tell him the location and get excited waiting for his reply.

"Sorry M'aam, we can't process your request till we won't get this order from Mr. Armaan Riassani. Please note down your order to us by him."

I narrow my eyes at this in confusion. What type of bullshit is this?

"I am his wife for your kind information. And I will pay you, why I need his word to order anything?" I asked controlling my anger.

"Mam, he has strictly ordered us to not to take any order other than him so we are really sorry." The call ends and I glare at the phone's screen in anger.

He is a whole jerk. What does he think of himself? I throw my phone on the bed harshly. My stomach starts growling because of hunger. I have no choice but to eat my messed up cooking.

                 *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I was fuming with anger when I walk downstairs towards his room. I need to talk to this jerk. But he is nowhere to be seen in the lounge. I clench my fingers in a fist in anger. I rush towards his room and start knocking harshly. But he wasn't opening it.

"Open the damn door," I shout.

After a while, the door opened with a loud bang showing a sleepy Armaan with a frown.

"What's wrong with you woman? Who in the right senses knock someone's door like you have seen a ghost," He retorts angrily.

"Why did you ordered food franchises here that I can't order anything?" I ask folding my arms in front of my chest. He rolls his eyes in annoyance and about to close the door when I put my hand on it.

"Answer me," I again ask, this time my voice louder than before.

"I don't need to answer," he replies and was about to close the door when he stops and glances at me.

"And from now on, you are gonna cook for yourself, and are you seeing this?" He rubs his index finger on the corner of the door and shows it to me. The mud from the door gets stick to his finger.

"I can't bear untidiness. Go and start cleaning the house."

I glare at him astonished at what he said. He is ordering me, daughter of one of the richest men in the country to clean his house. How dare he?

"I won't and you should get this thing in your stupid head. I am not your servant and think first about who you are talking to."

He grabs my arm and twists it causing me to wince in pain. His grip on my arm tightens more.

"Don't ever yell at me again. Understand?" He raises his voice causing me to flinch in response.

"I will never be intimidated by you or your father. Now you are my wife and you have to live here as I want. And I won't like to see your attitude in front of me again," he says harshly and let go of my arm with a jerk. My hand unintentionally held up to slap him but before I could, he grabs my hand.

"You should never think of doing this as how pitiful your situation has become now. Stop being an arrogant snob who thinks she can possess anything with her money just like your father did."

He closes the door on my face and I was staring at it with blank eyes.

                *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

So another update yey!!! Let me know you like it or not. Moreover, I am so tired because of assignments and online studies. They drain so much energy. :(

If you are liking my book and specifically this chapter, then don't forget to vote and comment. Love Y'all. ❤️