Chapter 59

Shaiq's POV

"Zainab, wake up, " I assert as I stroke her cheeks.

But to my surprise, her cheeks are so hot like they are burning. I again put my hand under her chin which just ascertains that she has a high fever. I settle her head in between my both arms as I reach for the glass of water placed on the table. I sprinkle some drops of water on her face which induces her eyelids to tremble.

"Zainab," I whisper softly and again stroke her cheeks.

She slowly opens her eyes and looks at me with half-opened eyes.

"Shaiq, don't....don't leave me...like everyone else," she stutters on her own words. Her voice is so low that I have to bend down in order to listen to her.

At that time, her words come off as a hammer which is constantly slamming on my heart. She is so broken inside out. Although she tries to act strong in front of me and everyone else, she is so shattered and sad at the same time. I won't let
her ruin her life. I need to make a big decision to protect her.

"I will never leave you, Zainab," I say as I hug her.

Seeing her eyes again closing, I take her body in my arms and rush towards my car in an attempt to carry her to the hospital.

    *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I rub my eyes in frustration as I sit on the bench in the corridor of the hospital. The doctor hasn't come out and informed anything about Zainab's state till yet. I hope she is okay. I quickly stand up when the doctor comes out of the room, Zainab is laying right now.

"Doctor, how is she?" I implore as I walk near her.

"Are you Shaiq, by any chance?" She asks me, completely ignoring my question.

"Yes, I am. What's wrong? Is Zainab okay?"

"The patient is continuously taking your name since she has got awake. You come and meet her," she tells in a professional tone.

I quickly rush towards the room. I peek through the door to find Zainab laying on the bed, with her eyes still closed but her lips are quivering as she is murmuring something. I walk towards her and slowly rub her forehead until the middle of her head.

"Zainab. Are you okay?" I bend down and whispers slowly.

She flutters her eyes open as she looks at me.

"Shaiq...I don't want to..." she stops as tears start flooding her eyes.

I take her hand in mine and squeeze it, "yes, Zainab, speak. What you don't want?"

"I...I don't want to go home. I don't want to marry him, I...they will kill me," her voice gets swoon due to crying.

I cup her face with my both hands as I wipe her cheeks, "no one can dare to hurt you, Zainab. I am always with you."

I again get up as I run my fingers through my hair in annoyance. What should I do now? I can't see her getting more hurt but at the same time, I don't want to lose my childhood best friend. I again look at Zainab; I have to do this otherwise I will lose this Zainab; the one who is always cheerful and fun-loving. For the sake of this girl, I have to do this, though I may lose my friend forever.

       *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Shaiq, you don't have to come for her anymore."

I stare at sleeping Zainab for a moment before looking back at her brother with a raised brow.

"What do you mean? She is my cousin and I will come to her whenever she needs me, " I tell him in a low voice so that Zainab won't get awake.