Chapter 21

Zara's POV

With trembling and heavy eyelids, my eyes stare at the unknown guy looking worriedly at me, who seems to even know my name. I am certain I haven't seen this clean shaved dark black-eyed dude before. He first stands there blankly gazing at me not inferring what has occurred to me. Shit! My mobile and car keys are also inside that bag. What will I do now? I look behind him only to return my gaze in dismay that the thief is nowhere to be seen. I attempt to stand up by putting my weight on the ground through the pulps of my finger but I fall on the ground again.

The guy bends over and hesitantly pulls me up by supporting my shoulders.

"What happens to you? " he inquires in a concerned tone as soon as he enables me to get up on my legs.

"I....my bag...my medicine.." Broken words leave my mouth. He looks at me with uncertainty, still not understanding what I want to say.

"I think you need to go to the hospital, " he announces and delicately grabs my arm and walks me to his car. At that moment, I am unable to resist him due to the intense pain killing me. My mind, however, still confused that how he knows me. He doesn't even look familiar to me.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Why didn't you take your medicine on time? The doctor asks me dimayly. It would be embarrassing to tell her I just lost my medicines although she is the same doctor who has been dealing with my condition since I was diagnosed with it.

" Sorry I just forget to have one, " I reply.

"If you won't take care of your health by normal medicines, then we have to make you undergone the surgical process." She says while writing something.

"No, next time I'll take care. Thank you so much," I reply with a smile. Thank God, that guy is not here at that moment. I don't want to have surgery and now it's more difficult to even think about it, after what Dad has done to me.

"From this month, you are gonna have these medications. I am sorry to say but you have deteriorated your condition more." She forward me a plastic bag.

Now what I do about money? I don't even have a single penny right now. Should I ask that guy? No, this would be offending to ask for help from a stranger, even if he knows me.

"What's wrong?" She asks me when she didn't find any reply.

"Actually I..." I lick my dried lips apprehensively.

"I just lost my purse and..." I get interrupted when an arm extends above my head towards the doctor.

" Here is the fee."

I turn my head behind to find the same mysterious guy smiling at me. First of all, let me know how in the world you know my name. His black eyes lighten up due to the white light embracing his face from the front. His dark black hair is falling on his forehead and that cheeky smile on his face is forcing me to admit that he is really handsome. By the look of his royal blue T-shirt and blue jeans, it feels like he is really young, probably the same age as mine.

"No, I'll give the fee myself, take your money back." I snatch the money from the doctor's hand and thrust onto his hand. Is he a stalker or what? How the heck he knows that I got my money snatched? The doctor is looking at us flabbergasted.

"It's okay Zara. He is showing care for you. Just stop this fight already. I guess he is taking the initiative," the doctor said giggling at me.

I gawk at her with widened eyes. Has she gone mad? She is supposing we are a couple? The guy's chuckle actually brings me out of the ravage which that stupid doctor has created. He is actually relishing this situation. I glare at him, at which he raises his thick black eyebrows and bend to my level.