Chapter 71

Armaan's POV

I abruptly push my foot on the brake when I spot a girl just in front of my car. Due to occupied by the phone call from my assistant, I haven't even paid attention when she has come in my way. The phone is still on my ear as I look at the girl to assure that she hasn't got hit by any car. My jaw drops seeing the face of the girl. What is she doing here? She isn't looking at me and I am sure she doesn't know that it's me. Am I hallucinating? How comes she is here?

I put the phone back on the dashboard and get out of the car. This just adds more to my surprise considering it's really the one I was guessing.

"Zainab." My voice has a hue of surprise as I call her name.

Zainab looks up at me and her expressions are no different than me. Within a blink of an eye, she gets down on her knees and holds her right leg. Has she got hit by my car? She shuts her eyes tightly as she slowly caresses her leg. Her face is clearly showing she is in pain. But if I remember correctly, I have stopped the car before it can strike her then how comes this is possible.

She sobs which make me come out of my thoughts. Is she crying? Oh God, what have I done? I overlook every thought as I crouch down before her.

"Are you okay, Zainab?" I softly whisper.

She glances at me with blubbering eyes.

"After hitting me you are asking am I okay," she rolls her eyes.

Even in this situation, this girl hasn't changed. I shake my head sideways as a smile creeps on my face.

"I am sorry. I was on a phone call so I didn't see you coming. Let's get you to the hospital then," I assert.

"No, I am fine. Loads of thanks for your concern." This is clearly a taunt. She puts pressure on her knees by her both palms and tries to stand back again but she stumbles which prompts me to grab her arm so that she won't fall.

"Zainab, you are not okay. It's better if you will see the doctor, " I again try to persuade her.

She glares at me and shoves away my hand from her arm.

"No thanks. I am fine," she says as she tries to walk away but again she staggers and I have to hold her again for the support.

"How can you go back, Zainab? You can't even walk. Let me drop you," I tell her.

She stares at me with hesitation for a moment before nodding in approval.

             *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I panic as I look at Zainab who just comes out of the doctor's room. She has a bandage on her leg. Why the doctor has bandaged her when there is no bleeding. At first, I was thinking she may have twisted her leg due to which she is stumbling but what's with this bandage now. My eyes gape open in shock when I see the stains of blood on the bandage. But that doesn't matter. Because of me, she is in pain and I have to do something to help her out. This means I have really hit her with my car earlier. She peeks at me and a smile appears on her face. This is more of a shock for me. Zainab is smiling; at me; after what has happened. She wasn't even ready to see my face a month ago.

"Can we go back now, Armaan?" I come out of my thoughts when she calls my name.

"Hmm yeah...yeah, " I stutter. What's with this abrupt change in her?

"You okay, right?" I ask her.

"Yes, I am. Thanks for your help," she says with a smile.

"Though you need to do this help because of your own mistake, " she chuckles.