Chapter 13

This chapter is dedicated to one of my sweetest readers SanaRamzan. She has made the beautiful cover of this book. Thank you so much, Sana.💖

Zara's POV

His thumb trails off from my eye to my lower eyelid causing tingling sensations to form in my whole body. His touch is soft, mellow yet deep. The tenderness of his gentle trace on my eye leaves me with an unusual and calm feeling. His blue orbs are delving intentively into mine. My eyes scan down from his face to his chest where my both hands are still present almost touching his bare skin which is peeking through the half-opened button of his sky blue shirt. This is when reality hit me. I try to push him by shoving his chest but he pulls me back.

"Stay still." He says before tracing his thumb horizontally on my eye causing me to blink. And with a jerk, he pulls off. What was that?

"Your eye has something in it," he spats before walking ahead. I breathe the seized air which I was stopping in my lungs don't know since when. I blink again to calm myself and touch my eye prior to turning on my toes to the other side. What was that feeling?

I spot him walking toward a small area which I presume to be a kitchen. I indolently follow him to get my guess turns correct. It is actually a kitchen rather a small one, hardly allowing two people to stand in ease. I notice Armaan is searching for something in cabinets then fridge. He notices my presence and stops doing what he was doing. He glances at me followed by again getting his attention on whatever he was searching.

The whole cottage is really vacant with little to no necessities. I wonder what he is actually searching in there. Maybe something to eat. I let him do whatever he is doing and amble out of the kitchen. Wait! My phone! Where is it? I look around to find no trace of my phone. I then remember there was nothing in my hand when we get there, not even my clutch. Have I lost my clutch which has my phone in it? Or maybe it's still in the car. Great!

My stomach growl acknowledging me that I am starving from the morning probably. I turn around to head towards the kitchen when my head hit something solid. Okay not again.

"Don't you know how to use your eyes or maybe you lose your eye control when I am around you."

This jerk! He is so full of himself. I roll my eyes when I see a smug on his face but then my eye brightens to see a plate of sandwiches in his hand which he has uplifted probably when I bump into him. Wow-what a timing! I smile and try to snatch the plate from his hand when he lifts it more up far away from my reach.

" Hey, hey, hey! What do you think you are doing?" He spats.

"I am hungry."

What? Have I just said it? No, my tongue has just slipped.

"Okay, I'll let you have it, but first ask with a please." He smirks again.

Me and please! Especially to him! In his dreams.

"Just go to hell!" I yell and rush towards the sofa and sit there with cross legs. I mumble some cursing words while crossing my arms on my chest.

"I won't go there without you by the way," I hear his amusing tone. I shut my eyes tightly and then open them to control my anger. I flinch when he sits next to me as there is nothing except this sofa to sit. I turn my head to another direction as the spicy scent of sandwiches invades my nostrils luring my tastebuds.

"This is so tasty. I didn't know I can cook this deliciously. Just wow!" I sigh heavily on his remarks. My stomach again starts growling at which he chuckles.