Chapter 36

Not one, two people have correctly answered the question from the last chapter. This chapter is dedicated to two geniuses and lovely beauties SanaRamzan and hudafathima_12. 😘❤

Zara's POV

"What are you doing here?"

I get startled when Armaan abruptly stands up, his hands roll into a tight fist as his voice becomes rough and grim. I have never seen him in this much rage. It's like a volcano has exploded within him and he is controlling this eruption by clutching his lower jaw hard.

I turn my head behind and some assorted sentiments take place in my mind to see the figure standing there with an unwavering smile playing on his lips. Wow! Such a relief that he has come here as well and we can ask his help. But why is Armaan is in so resentment seeing his father there? I too get up hastily but it's looking like these both have suddenly become unaware of my presence as the glaring contest is beholding between them.

"I can come to my wife's place whenever and however I want," Mr. Raissani speaks in a low yet fierce voice.

Although everything which is going on right now is like a riddle to me, still the extra stress on the word wife by him doesn't get unnoticed by me. I flinch when Armaan slams his hand harshly on the crown of the chair. I can see the veins in his neck popping with his lips still tightly pursed as he is trying to stop himself from saying anything.

"Is everything okay?" I ask as I gape at both of them in unison.

"I can't believe you will be here too," Mister Raissani says with a smile, as he is now looking at me. And I can't discern what he means by this.

"It's enough. At least leave her alone after her death. You have lost every right to call her your wife," Armaan yells at him.

I cover my mouth with incredulity after hearing what he has said. What is happening between them? Why Armaan is talking like that to his father? I am feeling like a third person right now who doesn't know anything. My eyes gap open when Mister Raissani walks towards Armaan with the same smile on his face like he isn't affected by what he has just said a while ago at all.

"Have you lost your mind? You are blabbering these stupid things in front of that outsider girl."

I can't make out what he was saying. His voice is so meager and faint at that moment. The only slightest hint I get that they are talking about me by how Armaan's eyes shift to me soon after. I don't know what is in his red angsty eyes at that time, which causes me to look away. In an instant of a second, I feel my wrist being grasped by someone and he pulls me along with him. I stare at Armaan in a baffled way when he doesn't even care that I am fumbling behind him because of his swift steps to which like always I am incapable of keeping up with.

In a confused state, I ramble my eyes around when we have actually reached outside the restaurant. He has left my wrist now and I can see him taking deep long breathes probably to calm himself down. But why he has taken us out of the restaurant when a while ago he was willing to stay in the restaurant? I have never seen him talking like this to his father and from their altercations earlier, I can make a vague guess that it concerns his mother.

Now I don't know what to say or what to do. His red eyes are scaring the hell out of me and I am sure, if I say something to him at the moment, he will burst on me too. But that's not the solution to this situation. I can't stay there all night and wait for his anger to fade away.

"Weren't we were going to stay in the restaurant?" I finally ask as I peek at him with my side-eyes. He turns his face towards me.

"No, we are walking to your University." He scratches the back of his head, "Let's go."