Chapter 34

Zara's POV

I fondle the flower near my nose and admit its confectionary and redolent odor to enter my olfaction. I love how its fragrance is similar to sweet candy. It's a weird thing that he has given this flower to me even if his mother has asked him to do so. I can't believe I am the first one who has accompanied him here after his mother.

"I am the first person whom you bring here?" I ask as we start walking side by side. He just nods his head.

"Haven't you bring your girlfriend here?"

"She doesn't like secluded places like this. She is a fun-loving girl. She will get bored to hell if she comes here," he replies as a grin adores his lips. This smile is enough for anyone to decipher that he loves that girl so much.

"Thanks for this." I sniffle the sweet fragrance of the flower. He only shakes his head as he eyes me.

"How did you meet her?" I ask. I don't know why I am curious to know about him and his life even it is related to his girlfriend.

"You will laugh when you will get to know this," he lets out a laugh as he looks at me.

I confusedly look back at him not grasping what he implies.

"Why would I?" I question back.

"Because its really dramatic, " he says, "I was invited as a chief guest of her university inauguration ceremony as our company has taken care of the funds of that particular university and she was there."

"And you did fall for her? Oh my God! That's so cliche," I say while laughing.

"No there's more to it, " he adds as he turns towards me with a smile on his face.

"She had lost her badge and coincidently I had seen it while falling so I just gave it to her and..."

"And that's how your love story has begun. It can easily pass as a plot of a cliched novel. " I laugh while saying. I can't believe I am laughing insanely right now.

I cover my mouth with my hand to control my laugher when I see Armaan looking at me with a smile on his face.

"You look pretty while smiling. Keep on smiling like this, " he says, the smile never leaving his lips.

And at that time, the smile on my face worn out. Does he even know what he has just said? From the sudden change of his expression to a plain one with a hint of daze, it's clear he has said that in a stupor state. He just sighs and scratches the back of his neck as he turns around so that his back is now facing me. I roam my eyes anywhere else than him. I squint my eyes when someone fluffy white with a black fluid comes into their vision. In this darkness, I can barely decipher it out.

I walk near the railing where this thing is laying. I crouch down near to it and look at it more closely. My eyes gape open in panic when I actually make out what it is. A small puppy is laying there severely injured and smeared in blood. I carry the puppy carefully in my hands. Some vehicle has surely hit him and passed without even looking back at poor him.

"What's wrong?"

I turn back to see Armaan standing behind me. I stand up with the puppy in my both hands. The blood from his wounds is dripping through my hand and falling on the ground. I sigh an air of relief when I notice his one eye is partially open. Thank God, he is alive.

"This puppy is bruised. Let's take it to the hospital," I answer in panic.

"First we need to stop the bleeding. Wait a minute, " he says and looks around. He rushes behind me. My eyes widen in shock when the puppy's eyes start closing.