Chapter 31

Zara's POV

"Are you sure?"

This compels me to divert my scrutiny from the tangled hands plop on my lap to him. His blue eyes have a hint of a conviction gleam in them prodding my heart to command my tongue to say yes without any indecision but my brain is contending against it. What if he has an underlying motive to do this? What if I will be doing a mistake by believing him?

His lips curl up in a smile when he notices my eyes on him. Why this smile is looking profound and sincere? I close my eyes and permit a deep gust of air to pass into inside my lungs before opening my eyes again, this time carving a decision. I nod my head sideways with returning an ensuring smile to him. This makes his smile to get deeper. And I can't negate that he has such an alluring smile which can make anyone swoon over him.

I step down both of my feet one by one on the cold ground when the view in front of me gets obfuscate. That's when I comprehend that my head is still thumping with pain. I wear the slippers yet with my muddied vision and get up on my legs. Like a swirling ball, I find my head to waver and my knees to melt away unable to support my weight when he grabs my waist helping me to stand back.

"You okay?" He asks right after.

I nod my head as I try to concentrate my eyes. I free myself from him when I feel much better and try to move towards the bathroom.

"Can you walk?" He again asks as I take a few steps ahead.

"I can. Thanks for your help." I turn around to face him who has worrisome expressions on his face. I again take a quick glance at him. What if he is posing all of this? But by living with him these three months, I can at least make this out that he is a straight forward guy who doesn't take a turn back from what he says.

"Go wash up quickly. I am waiting for you to have breakfast."

My moving legs stop when my ears decipher what he says.

"Why would you wait for me?" I ask, still unsure of what I have just listened to. He doesn't answer me instead strolls towards me with his both hands in jeans' pocket.

"Because I want to eat with you," a smile adorns his lips. No one has ever said something like that to me. Funnily, to get to hear this thing from the least expected person makes my eyes widen with stun but deep inside my heart gets a joyous feeling.

                 *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I carefully walk down the stairs as my eyes are still heavy due to the headache. I make my way to the dining hall as the aroma of different delicious foods strikes my nose. From the far, I can see Armaan's back. I drag the chair out and settle myself on it. To my astonishment, he hasn't touched anything yet, instead as usual he is busy with his phone. He put the phone aside when he notices my presence.

"Thank God, you have finally come. I was dying from hunger," He lets out a small laugh.

"You should have eaten then. I have to get ready for my university that's why I have gotten late, " I let out a nervous laugh. I didn't know that he was saying this for real. A smile appears on my lips when I realize he has actually waited for me to come.

"I don't think you are healthy enough to go anywhere for now," he asserts as he calls the maid by his hand gesture.

"I am fine now. Moreover, I can't afford to skip university in the early days......What is this?"

I yell when the maid places the bowl of soup in front of me. By its pale color, I can bet it's without any spice.

"Eat this. It's good for your healing." He says as he cut the egg white with the knife.