Chapter 11

Author's POV

Although the door-sized window has got covered with a full-sized cream-colored curtain the dandelion sunlight is still peeking through its slits due to its velvety texture. The atmosphere of the lounge was austere and the faint breaths of the peeps present here are the only audible thing here.

On the far corner of the glamorous window, the view of a petite feminine figure with her head slants down was seen sitting uncomfortably on a comfortable sofa. Her thick and long brown hair was falling on her back almost making a top of brown hair for her. In her front, a middle-aged man and a woman were sitting rather glaring at her. They were not the only ones glaring at the girl instead the rather younger guy sitting on her left was glaring at her more furiously than the older dudes.

She turns her gaze down on the floor when she can't bear with the hawk eyes of her family who are busy glaring at her like she is a culprit. She starts fidgeting with her fingers when silence gets more prolonged. It's feeling like she is in front of an inspection team.

"So when are we going to meet him?"

She lifts her head slightly to meet the suspicious eyes of her mother. The girl has milky white skin which was appearing rather tanned thanks to the medallion sunlight. She has a small mole above the left side of her upper lip making her more attractive. Her crooked nose was giving her a vibrant look.

Although she has an answer to this question but its not the one which can make her dubious family believe her anyway. They may even completely forbid her to give it a second thought if she will tell them that bitter truth at least not bitter for her but for her parents it is.

"Soon Ammi!" She instantly regrets after saying this.

"We are hearing this soon for 2 years now, Zainab," her father retorts.

"Abbu I promise, I will let you people meet him really soon. For now, he has some business to do and..." She as usual uses her hands to make the dumb things work out for her.

"Okay let him do his business then and I am gonna say yes to Shakir's mother for your marriage," her elder brother interupts her.

"No Bhaiyya!" She yells yearning glares from her family.

She laughs nervously at her blunder.

"I mean I don't even know Shakir and he is almost 15 years older than me. How can you do this to me?"

"Your father is 20 years older than me Zainab and we are living a perfect life. Ages don't matter. Love and care matter which I am sure, Shakir can give you," her mother explains.

She sighs listening to her mother's philosophies.

You are living in the 18 century not me.

"Look ammi!" She moves restlessly that she ks now on the edge of the sofa.

"Armaan likes me too, he even loves me. He just needs a little more time to get the whole property as an heir. Its good for us too if I will marry him after he gets his hand on all of his father's belongings," she says and shows her puppy eyes.

She knows really well that by giving the lollipop of property and status, how instantaneously her parents especially her brother have been accepting all the utter craps she has been telling them for two years. Not that lollipop is not fruitful, she knows Armaan has money and all but the problem is his father and now his so-called rich wife. Its not like she has been dating him for his status or his money. This is least important to her perhaps not important at all. She likes Armaan for what he is. But her family surely wants a wealthy son in law and that is the sole reason that has been stopping them to take any decision against Zainab. But as long as he is standing with her, she has no problem with faking in front of her family. She knows he loves her more than anything else and can do anything for her.

"Okay, I am giving you just one month extra and after that if he still won't marry you, I will accept Shakir's proposal," her father tells her his decision before walking out of the lounge.

She smiles cheerfully at them before rushing towards her room. She has to tell him this as soon as possible.

(A/N Ammi: Mother
          Abbu: Father
          Bhaiyya: Brother)

                          *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Her mood was shooting the heights of the sky today. Although she is a calm girl who thinks before doing anything. She never allowed fury to overtake her mind. She always has thought reasonably but this time she wanted to punch someone and this someone was no other than the man she loves. She has been calling him for the whole night but there was no answer from him. She finally comes to a decision that she has to do something otherwise she will be sitting on Shakir's bed as his bride before Armaan will even come back to Pakistan.

Zainab is surely not in the mood to go to university. Her whole night was destroyed by Armaan and her swollen red eyes are proving this. But she can't help because today is an important presentation and she can't miss it. Frustratingly she gets out of her bed and heads toward the bathroom to shower.

What if he starts having feelings for his wife? This means he will forget her and she will either suffer her entire life here waiting for him or either her parents will set her marriage to Shakir or anyone else. The latter is more possible here.

She quickly takes a shower and puts a random dress even without choosing. Her mind is still occupied with him or more appropriately them: Armaan and her future. She didn't care for her tomato red eyes. She will make up a lie that she was studying for a presentation late at night. Although she hasn't even touched a topic of presentation.

But that's not what is important for her right now. She has already A+ grades and one presentation can't do anything wrong with her record. The more important is her life and its future.

She picked up her bag and opened the door when she bumped into something hard.

"Hi sweetheart!"

Oh so that something was someone. And she clearly knows who is this person.

                   *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A surprise? Yes it is! :) I just got free from the hectic routine of online classes so I have rather free time so I thought to update this book.

To be honest, I really enjoyed introducing and writing about Zainab. And yeah I have changed her name from Aliza. Do you like her character? Let me know this in the comments. And who do you think she bumped into? Don't forget to vote guys. Take care and stay blessed.  ❤️