Chapter 39

Armaan's POV

All of a sudden, the rain has started pouring. This day can not get any worst. The horrid rumbles of the clouds are reverberating in the air as every drop of rain is getting thicker and swifter in plummeting the ground than the preceding one. I ruffle my wet hair with my fingers as soon as we get under the shutter. It's a rather dark and gloomy area. The shutter is probably of concrete as the typical voice of water falling on concrete is obvious. I have already located this barren yet safe area when we reach here so the first thing which comes in my mind for refuge is this. This area is rather muddy as I can decipher the roughness under my feet.

"What will we do now?"

I look at Zara who has already made herself settle on the stone bench. Distress and anxiety are evident in her voice. Although I am not able to decipher her facial expressions though I can make out her vague figure, I can easily imagine her wide eyes and meager parted lips in fear. A smile crosses my lips as an idea strikes my mind.

"Not we. Think about what you will do now."

"What do you mean?" She asks in confusion, "you are saying you will leave me here?"

"Maybe. I am not bound to stay with you. Don't you think? Moreover, it was your plan to eat ice cream and them come here so-"

"But you did agree on this," she shouts as she walks towards me.

I suppress a smile seeing her this mad. She doesn't spare a moment to shout at me.

"This area does have signals. You can call your driver and he will pick you, just like I did," I instruct her, ignoring her stance which she has raised a while ago.

I have already called the driver as soon as my phone catches the signal.

"I don't know the address of this place, " she mumbles as her voice has turned into a whisper in concern.

Hw much she tries to prove herself intelligent, she is dumb.

"Okay fine then. I don't need you as well. Go wherever you want to go," she spats in annoyance and goes back to the bench.

And now it becomes hard for me to control my laugh. She opens her phone. I can see her furious face in the flash of its screen. She has her lips pursed in a thin line as her slender fingers are slamming on the screen in a harsh manner. After a while, she plops her phone on the bench in anger as she crosses her legs and arms both in defeat. She is so reckless.

          *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I peek at Zara and to my surprise, she is sleeping. I can't believe she can sleep in this situation when according to her, I am going to leave her alone. I smile at this. She has used a stone as her pillow. Its been a while since I have called the driver but he hasn't arrived yet. I sit beside her as I am tired of standing. I squint my eyes in astonishment noticing her hands furrow into a tight fist. Why she is making a first while sleeping? Is she tensed? Perhaps she is having a nightmare. I glance at her face to get my guess turns out correct; her facial expressions are in turmoil. Why she always gets scared while sleeping?

I straighten her fingers cautious of not being rough that may lead her to get awake. I get baffled when she holds my hand. My eyes stare at her small hand which is clenching my larger one. Whenever she is around me, I always feel myself at ease. A calm comfort encircles me whenever she is near her.

I come out of my thoughts when my phone rings. The driver is asking about the location of this area. This place locale is really bizarre. And he has trouble getting here. This means I have to go and guide him here. If I go then Zara will be alone. And she will think I was right when I said that I will leave her alone. But I can't just sit here and do nothing. I take my hand out from hers with care.

               *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I come back only to find Zara frowning at me as anger enthralls within her. I am sure she is going to yell at me. Her eyes are fuming with resentment. Within a passing moment, she rushes towards me. Don't tell me she is thinking about slapping me. I can't believe my joke can turn out as half-truth. I stare with blank eyes at her when she wraps her arms around my neck. My body turns stiff when I realize she is hugging me. I can hear her soft sobs. It's like I melt at the moment. She is driving me crazy. I slowly hug her back and pat her hair. The way her warm arms wrap around my neck, I feel like the whole world's contentment has hugged me.

After a while, she abruptly moves away from me. The hint of embarrassment, flush and disgrace is apparent on her face. Her soft lips are trembling as she turns her face away. Her eyes are fixed on the ground as she starts fidgeting with her fingers in a bewildered state. Occupied at the moment, I pull her closer to me. She gasps in shock as both of her hands land on my chest. My eyes scan her face; from her brown gleamy eyes which are filled with tears to her nose and then her lips. The lips which always draw my attention. I brush her lower lip with the pulp of my thumb. They are softer than I thought. Her lips quiver more under my touch.

I grab her by the waist as my face moves closer to her so that I am able to inhale her breath. Her face is only a few inches away from mine. Suddenly something flickers through me. What I was going to do? I remove my grip on her waist as I move away from her.

What I was even thinking a while ago? I rub my nape in frustration. This is wrong. I can't do this even though I know I am attracted to her. And that's my fault. I can't hurt her anymore and when it concerns her feelings, I won't be able to forgive myself. Just a moment more and I would have kissed her. I am stupid.

"The car is here. Come on," I tell her as I walk ahead towards the car.

            *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

First of all, I am sorry for a short update. It's because these are Eid days and my whole family is at home. My parents are scolding me on using the phone as I will end up getting eyesight problems lol so I have asked them to lend me some time and its because of you people so that I can update as I promised.

Now, listen to me carefully. Don't get mad at me *pljjj puppy eyes:~)* that I didn't complete the romantic scene again. Zara and Armaan are not normal happily married. They both still have reservations with each other although it's clear they are attracted to one another. Armaan has one more thing to concern; Zainab and his relationship. He still likes her and even according to him, he loves her. So don't worry, there will be romantic scenes of Zara and Armaan and let me spoil it for you, it will be after a couple of chapters.

Lastly, don't forget to vote and comment.