Chapter 68 (Part 1)

Zara's POV

I don't know why I feel the need to hug him at that time. Or perhaps I want to get consoled by someone. Maybe I need a shoulder to rest my head and cry till every burden will lift from my heart. I can feel Armaan's broad hand on my back slowly caressing my hair. He hasn't said anything till yet. Probably he is allowing me to cry my heart out.

And I am feeling this comforting feeling for the first time. This is the first time, I have someone so near to me in this state. It's like his hand running up and down along my hair is soothing me in an unknown way; so reassuring that the words can never be.

I sniffle my nose as I pull away from him. I rub my face with the back of my palm, my eyes still lowered. I abruptly look up at Armaan when he takes my hand in his and with the other hand, he wipes the tears off my face.

"Are you okay?" He asks in a whisper.

I hastily nod my head. I stare at his face blankly when he forwards the glass of water to me. I hesitate for a moment before taking it.

"What happened to you?" He again asks as he puts the glass back on the table.

Should I tell him?

"I...I am scared," I mumble.

He looks at me in confusion.

"Why?"

I don't reply to him because I myself don't have an answer. It will be so awkward to tell him everything. Instead, I divert my gaze from him as another tear escapes my ear. Armaan makes me face him by moving my chin. My eyes directly meet his blue ones which make me lower my eyes again. I close my eyes when I find his warm lips on my forehead. He again takes my hand in his hand and squeezes it.

"I think you have had a nightmare but you don't have to be afraid, I am with you, " he states in a low voice.

I look up at him with my swollen eyes. There is a sense of relief in his words which prompts me to nod my head.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I gasp when I find Armaan's hand on my waist and in a split second, he pulls me into his chest.

"I don't what has happened but don't cry please," he whispers just above my head.

Just hearing this causes a sob to leave my mouth. Armaan tightens his grip on my waist and with the one hand, he takes my both hand resting on his chest in his big one.

I don't know why but I feel a sense of comfort in his arms. It's like I am safe now and no one can hurt me anymore. I feel the comfort in his arms which I have always been looking for. The solace which I have never ever got in my life. I wrap my arms around him and close my eyes. I can hear the beating of his heart just near to my ears and it kind of gives me a cons consolation.

Armaan kisses on my hair as he takes me totally in his embrace. And then I don't remember when I have gone to sleep.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I slowly open my eyes and lazily look at my surrounding. My jaw drops seeing Armaan's arm around me and how close I am laying to him. This is when it hits me and I remember everything from last night. My head is resting on his chest and because of this, I am not able to see his face.

"Are you awake?" I hear Armaan's voice and with that, he lifts my face up so that I am directly looking at him.

There is no sign of irony or amuse on his face, there is just a bright smile as he softly tugs loose strands of my hair behind my ear. I can't believe I have been sleeping with him in that position since the night. My both hands are still on his chest which I pull away quickly as soon as I notice. I hastily get out of his embrace and sits up. I rub my forehead in anxiousness while remembering everything.