Chapter 22

Armaan's POV

Groaning, I finally choose to leave this hell people call the couch. The torment of not able to move on this tiny thing the whole night has even make me eager how in this world Zara has been sleeping on this. I stretch my back after standing up to ameliorate the cramp in it when my gaze stays at her sleeping soundly clasping the pillow tightly. I don't know what has got into me the last night when I actually carry her to the bed but I certainly don't want her to remember that as it will be embarrassing for both of us. My phone buzzes reminding me of a call from my secretary that I have an important meeting in an hour. I go to the bathroom for a shower.

As soon as I come out of the bathroom, unknowingly my lips curls up in a smile when Zara abruptly stands up seeing me coming. The loose strands of her hair have now pulled out of her ponytail hovering all over the side of her face. I clasp my lips in a thin line to repress the smile while striding towards the mirror.

My ears perk up when a smashing sound comes in my hearing. I turn around to find her kneeling on the floor hastily collecting the shattered pieces of glass from the floor. I shake my head in jade when she bruises her finger with a piece of glass. This girl is so inept. I walk towards her to find her blowing at her finger recklessly.

"Why you are so clumsy?" I retort while examining her with my arms folded on my chest.

By the sight of the blood, in panic, I suddenly hold her shoulder and make her sit on the bed. She looks at me stunned by my action.

"Sit here. "

I promptly start searching the first aid kit in the bed's side table. I take out the antiseptic tube from the box and apply it on her finger. I glance back at her to find her looking deeply at me. A smirk appears on my lips in amusement when she hurriedly looks away believing I haven't seen her. Has she actually thought this can slip away from me? I wrap the bandage around her finger and stands up. I now remember, because of her I just forget I have a meeting in an hour. I should just hurry.

"I..I don't know how I end up sleeping on your bed, maybe I walk in my sleep so..."

Her reluctant voice comes in my hearing. Does she really have to bring this topic? But what has she just said that she might have walk-in sleep. Is she that dumb to actually think that? I stop a chuckle coming from my mouth by hardly rubbing my wet hair from the towel. I peek at her through the mirror. She is thinking hard while fidgeting with her fingers.

"So I am sorry, I guess, "she says after a while and that is the moment I can't stop my laughter. She is really cute like that. I was anxious for no reason that she will fight with me like cats for bringing her without her permission but here is she is thinking it's her fault.

I again glimpse at her without turning back and a smile appears on my face when she is trying to look at me tiptoeing on her heels while her ponytail swinging here and there with the head motion she is creating.

"It's okay, I didn't mind, " I reply with maintaining a poker face and goes towards wardrobe for dressing up.

As I come back into the room, she is looking worried glancing at her phone in dismay. Although I don't know what exactly happens but I do hear faint voices of her talking on the phone.

"What happens? You are looking lost, " I ask her at which she looks up at me.

"No..nothing, I am fine, " she says while stuttering. There is really something wrong then.

"Okay then, come for breakfast quickly." I say while buttoning my shirt. I don't know why I have said that. But I can't see her again suffering like she was having in these past days.

"I am not hungry, " she replies. Again her stubborn self is here.

"Just come." I grab her wrist and pull her forward.

"Hey, you are hurting me, " she says trying to remove my strong hand from her wrist.

"You are hurting yourself more than this, " I am astonished myself when I say that. It just comes unintentionally. Am I really starting to worry about her? No, it's not like that.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I halt the car on the porch while replying regarding today's meeting. It has gone well unexpectedly and I want to gain that contract as soon as possible. Mr. Williamson is a billionaire from the US and he wants to invest in our company. If we get a contract with him, it will be satisfactory and fair for our company.

I disengage the call while walking towards the main corridor when the driver stops me. I gaze at him with a questionable look.

"Sir, it has already been dark but Ma'am has not come back. She has been out since morning, " he tells me with his eyes stay on the ground.

Who Ma'am? I think with confusion. Then my mind sparks that he is talking about Zara. I have told him not to allow her to drive as her condition is still not better. It will be risky for her to drive alone.

"Why you didn't drive for her?" I ask in fury.

"Sir, she wants to drive herself and she told me she has asked you and you have no problem with it."

I stare at him in astonishment. This girl is really crazy. When she even told me she wants to go somewhere.

"Okay, I'll manage it, " I tell the driver and walk away. The sun is already about to set. I wonder where she is. I dial her number but she isn't picking up. Why she always have to be this clumsy? I gaze around that she might have come already but there is no one.

After getting into the room, I call her again but the same computer sound irritates me. But why I am even worried about her? She can go wherever and whenever she wants. I throw the phone harshly on the bed and lay on it still with my shoes on. I am already really exhausted. Why I am making myself more anxious by thinking about her. I cover my eyes with my elbow and close my eyes. But sleep is far away from my eyes. Irking, I sit up and grab the phone again which I have thrown a while ago. I don't know why I am worried for her safety. I call her again but this time, there is no bell instead her phone is off. What's the need to keep the phone when you don't want to use it. But maybe she is in trouble. I run fingers through my hair in frustration. I should go and look for her. I grab the car's keys and dash downstairs.

As soon as I reach in the main hall, I breathe an air of mitigation seeing Zara coming. Her face looks wore out and tired. Obliviously I rush towards her and yank her arms tightly.

"Where have you gone?" I ask furiously while shaking her arms.

"I..I have to do some important stuff, " she replies after thinking for a while.

"Can't you let me know that you were going? You didn't even feel the need to answer my calls? You know how worried I was for you?"

I yell and she flinches at this. Soon I realize what I have just blurted out. She looks at me dumbfoundedly and that's the moment I realize, I still have my hands on her arms. I pull out my hands off her quickly. What the heck is happening to me? Why I was worried about her and why I am feeling relaxed that she is back? Why I am feeling rage that she didn't tell me about this? I facepalm myself frustratingly. This is wrong.

"I lost my phone on the way that's why I can't pick up your calls. Sorry for this, " she answers in a soft voice at which I glance at her. Her chocolate brown eyes which have a hint of mistrust and surprise in them are glistening. Her dark black hair is as usual clasp up in a high ponytail revealing her slender and smooth neck. She is looking at me with her lips purse in a thin line with uncertainty.

"It's okay, you don't have to answer me anything. You can do whatever you want. That's none of my concern, " I reply in a stout tone and walk away. What I was even thinking a while ago?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Assalam o Alaikum gang! I know this chapter is really short. I myself want to add more to this chapter but I was not feeling well that's why I have also updated late today. The next chapter will be long, I promise even pinky promise lol. I am sorry for the shot update. I am not satisfied with this either. I think I have messed this chapter up. But please let me know your thoughts about the chapter. Don't forget to vote. Allah Hafiz.💓