Chapter 37

Zara's POV

The luster and sparkling moonlight swoop on the alcove laying in front of me; the place where the porous sac-like entity is still present. The only difference is that now it is stagnant like a breathless demising person due to the halt of the accelerated wind from a while ago. My eyes glint at the view on the sky; the black tint of it is gleaming due to the golden lustrous ray of light. My lips curl up in a smile when the straw shiny sacs come into my vision. With that acknowledgment, I finally recognize the wavering thing and it adds more to my infatuation.

'Wish lamp'

My mind forms the words as my eyes keep lingering on the sandy sacs. The spongy golden sacs are laying on the far corner of the vast river. The river's water is trudging in a hasty yet perpetual rhythm. Waves are lunging one after the other giving eyes an erroneous view of someone's dancing. The white bright light of the moon is falling on the river forming a silvery silhouette. A tiny boat is deposited on the bank of the river.

"What are you looking at?"

This makes the repose in the thick air to smash as my attention diverts to Armaan. His eyes are scanning me with contemplation. I turn to face him.

"Do you know about the wish lamp?" I ask him back.

"Wish lamp," he repeats with a perplexed look on his face, " what is it?"

"That's some type of a wish intentor. You can make any wish and then blow that sac after igniting it in the sky." I gesture my index finger at the direction of the sacs.

"You believe in such things?" He chuckles in satire.

"I don't believe in it but it's always fascinating and believe me you will enjoy it a lot. Do you want to try?" I ask as my eyes again glisten with excitement.

"Nopes. You are forgetting that we are in an emergency situation right now so we should head for the car as soon as possible and we shouldn't waste our time here," he announces.

I sigh a heap of disappointment. He is no fun.

"We are already late enough and it will be fun. Come on," I answer back.

His answer is again a straight no. Why even I am persuading him to come with me? But I can't go there alone. An idea flicker in my mind and the corner of my lips turn up to form a smirk.

"By the way, don't you think you should do something to pay me back?" I question him, though I have changed my expression to a serious one.

He glances at me with an uncertain look.

"What are you trying to say?"

"You have pleaded to me for coming with you from the restaurant, inst it? Shouldn't you pay it back?" I explain in a monotonous tone.

He blinks his eyes several times in confusion at what I just said but after a moment, his expression changed to an amused one as he raises his brows in stun.

"I can't believe this," he mumbles.

I stop a smile when he walks ahead of me on the stony pathway which is leading to the riverside.

                      *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I ignite the lamp inside of the sac with the help of lighter. The bright, medallion light glows in it as I close my eyes. The sac is much lighter than a plastic bag but its really tough and coarse as my hands are not even feeling the heat from inside. What should I wish for? Nothing comes up in my mind. I open my eyes abruptly. I can't believe I am totally blank right now. What I am yearning for? I ask my heart but the answer is nothing. My roaming glance comes to a standstill at him sitting in front of me who has his eyes closed.

What is he wishing when he has everything? From money to happiness to love he has everything one could wish.

"Happiness, love, and someone who will cherish me."

His words strike my ears like a thump. These are the exact same statement he has said as the answer to my question on what he wants from life. But why he has hoped for love and someone to cherish him when he has a girlfriend? But thinking of his wish, I love how wholesome this desire is and the same moment, I get the answer to what I should aspire. I close my eyes again as I grasp the corner of the sac in my index fingers.

"Happiness, love, and someone who will cherish me."

I leave the edges of the wish lamp and let it blow in the air. With a smile adorning my lips, I open my eyes again. I lift my face up to see my wish lamp floating in the air.

"What did you wish?"

I look back at Armaan when he asks me this with a content look on his face. We are sitting in a boat right now but because of no sailor here, our boat is just seated stationary on the side of the river. I gasp when I comprehend my feet are hurting so much. I bend down and carefully unstrap my heels and put them aside. My feet are swollen and red. I gently rub the sole of my right foot as I feel tingling pain in it.

"Wishes are not meant for disclosing to anyone otherwise they don't fulfill, " I reply with a smile, my focus still on my feet.

"Don't worry I won't ask about yours as well." I chuckle as I lift my face again. He doesn't say anything in response. Just a smile appears on his lips.

"Are you looking at these stars?"

I first glance at him then follow his stare above on the sky. The twinkling stars are hovering all over the black sky. That's the beauty of the night. It is scary without stars but glorious when they are present.

"These stars are nothing without the moon. They depend on it. The beauty they hold is because of that moon, it's just like a love story but a difficult one. One depends too much on the other, " he says, his eyes still upon the sky, "but I don't think love should be like this. You should fall for someone who makes you comfortable, not the one who doesn't want to even change themself for you."

"But love just happens without your control, isn't it?" I ask.

"It does happen like this. But I believe that don't let anyone force your feelings, your heart, and your sentiments."

I stare at him for a while. I never thought that he will be this deep in terms of love. 

"You know so much about love. No wonder, you are in love." I let out a slight laugh.

"Have you ever fallen in love?"

I look at him with stun. I have never think about the answer to this question. In my entire life, I have never felt that special connection with anyone which people call as love. I don't even know what the warmth of love feels like.

I shake my head in denial as I divert my gaze to the flowy river water. I don't know why I am feeling embarrassed when he has asked this question. All of a sudden, my heartbeat has gotten paced when I have heard it from him.

"Should I tell you what a feeling of love is?"

My eyes widen in stupefy when he says that. I star at him baffled by what he has said. In a blink of an eye, he drags himself closer to me. He gently rubs my cheek as his eyes stare right in mine. My breath hitches under his touch as I am again unable to move like always in his close proximity. His eyes roam from my eyes and then to my lips before his hand is about to reach the corner of my lower lip.

                   *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Salam guys! How are you?

I am really sorry for a short update, its because I am a little busy these days due to studies.

So do you like this chapter? Don't forget to vote and comment.

Allah Hafiz.