Chapter 58

Zara's POV

I stare at Armaan busy chopping and cutting the vegetables like a professional. How come he has maintained this house as he has been living here? Everything is present here giving an idea that someone may have used it or probably using it still now.

I fold my both arms on my chest as I take the support from the shelf. I was so engrossed in his confession of love to me that I didn't even think about what happened to his girlfriend. According to him, he loves her so why all of sudden, he is saying he loves me. I haven't felt once the hues of a flirt, cheat, and any trick from his words and actions earlier. And there is no need for him to trick me in his fake love.

I clear my throat before I begin, "Armaan, can I ask you one thing?"

"Hmm?" He doesn't even turn back to me or divert his attention from whatever he is doing.

"Have you broken up with your girlfriend?"

His moving fingers stop abruptly and he slams the knife on the cutting board. He turns back to face me; his face becomes grim and fierce, completely opposite from a while ago.

"Yes, I broke up with her because she doesn't deserve a guy who won't be able to love her wholeheartedly. Who won't be able to give his heart to her because my heart belongs to you, just you."

I look at him in confusion. How complex things he says!

"She is a good girl, a really good girl. And I can't do injustice with her by giving her false hopes because there is just one girl I love and that is you, " he shows me a smile before returning back to the counter.

At that time, I feel havoc gets created in my heart due to both his words and that smile. I can feel my cheeks burning due to his sudden confession. I cup my both cheeks with my hand as I take a deep breath. He is driving me insane.

I walk towards him and stand beside him.

"I'll help you," I say as I try to take the knife from his hand.

"No need. It's just about to get done," he replies in a low voice.

I look at the bunch of the still uncut vegetables in a baffled state. And he is saying it's about to be done.

"I said I'll cut them. You do some other thing," I again try to persuade him.

"Are you sure? Don't cut your hand, okay?" He says as he hands me over the knife.

"Of course, I am not a child," I roll my eyes as I drag a cucumber in front of me.

I slowly start to cut the vegetables as my eyes contently digging on them. I shove my hair aside when they start coming in front of my eyes. I flinch when I feel something pasty on my cheek. I look bewildered at my right as I rub my cheek with my finger. I stare at my finger in confusion which has flour on it. I again look up at Armaan who is laughing after rubbing the thing on my face.

"Armaan, what the hell?" I yell at the top of my lungs.

"You look cute like that, " he points his index finger towards my face.

I whimper leaves my mouth when I feel a sharp pain in my finger. I hastily look down to find blood oozing out of my finger. I may have poked the knife earlier, oblivious of anything. I jerk my hand up and down to repress the intense pain arising in it.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" Armaan asks in a worried tone as he comes towards me.

"I am sorry. It happens because of me." He takes my hand in his with care.

"Why are you blaming yourself? It's just a small cut which happens due to my negligence," I assert with an assuring smile.

I try to pull my hand away but to my surprise, he doesn't let me do so. I gape at him in a nonplused state when he lifts my hand to his lips and softly blows on the injured finger. At that moment, I take a good amount of time to read his features. His blue eyes are intentive on what he is doing as his lips are pursed in a thin line. He is so handsome that just by looking at him is compelling my heart beats to race. His jet black hair is falling on his forehead making him even more handsome. My glance flows from his face to his broad chest. The buttons of his light purple shirt are popping so much due to his muscular chest that just one extra move of his will cause all of them to fall down.

I come out of my thoughts when I find his eyes on my face. I shake my head vigorously to get myself out of my previous thoughts. What has just happened to me? Was I just ogling over him? I take my hand out of his grip quickly as I turn my face in the other direction.

I hastily move my feet to get out of where I am when Armaan puts his hand on the counter on my right side; blocking my every way to escape. I stare at him with wide eyes when he turns my face towards him with his hand. His looks at my lips then back into my eyes. He slightly lifts my face up to his level as he leans forward. My breath hitches when he comes this closer to me as his breath starts fanning on my face. Again the strong smell of his cologne is filling my nostrils and making my heart go wild. Before he can come nearer, I nudge him away from me by pushing his chest with both hands.

"You said you will wait for my answer," I slowly mumble; my voice feels as it coming from afar.

He smiles as he rubs the back of his neck, "you are driving me crazy, Zara. I never thought I will become this vulnerable in front of you."

"What if I say no?" I ask as my lips curl up to form a smirk.

"Will, you really say no?" He asks back with a satisfied grin.

To my surprise, he doesn't even budge a little, instead the smile on his face gets replaced by a smirk. What is in his mind?

"There is a possibility I can reject you. So what will you do then?"

"I will-" he says as he comes closer to my face, "kiss you because isn't my presence makes your heart explode with happiness?"

A smirk is still present on his lips as he moves away from me. Me, on the other side, is looking at him with eyes gape open and jaw drop. How comes he gets to know the same line which I have said to Aila? That means Aila has told him everything. Oh God, this stupid girl!

"Just say no. I want to kiss you so badly."

I come back to the present when Armaan again whispers in my ear. I look at him with a frown before shoving his arm placed on the counter aside.

"My answer is yes," I exclaim as a shy smile appears on my face.

Before I can move ahead, Armaan grabs my arm and lay his warm, rough lips on mine. I look at him with wide eyes who just closes his eyes. My body tenses for a moment due to the sudden act by him, but soon I give up as I close my eyes too. He grabs my waist with his broad hand and pulls me towards him so that my both hands directly lands on his chest. I can feel my heart beating fast against my chest. That kiss is so soft, so delicate and so calming that words can never be. I held my lips for some time before I kiss him back. My fingers get dug in the buttons of his same purple shirt which I was staring a while ago when he nibbles my lower lip. I can feel his lips spread to form a smile against mine as soon as I kiss him back.

He soon pulls away from me as he rests his forehead on mine; breathing heavily. This kiss is so different from the previous one; it is passionate yet soft. I take a deep breath as my eyes are still closed. I let him kiss me again and ths time I kiss him back.

I slowly open my eyes to find him already staring at me with a smile playing on his lips. He brings his face closer to mine as he rubs his thumb on my swollen lips.

"I love you, Zara. I love you so much, " he whispers.

"You have no idea how much I missed you when you left me. It was feeling I have lost something really precious. Don't ever try to leave me again. I won't be able to live without you," he says as he tugs the wandering strands of my hair behind my ear. He kisses my forehead as he takes my hand in his. He kisses the inside of my hand and looks back at me.

"You won't leave me again. Promise me," he says.

I smile at how adorable he is looking right now. I nod my head in approval. I can't we have kissed again. How my heart has just exploded when his lips touch mine. This just substantiates how much I love him.

     *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Salam guys!

Sorry for the short chapter because I was clueless about how to add more to this particular scene so I just ended it here.

How is it? Do you like it? It's not exaggerated,  right?

If you like the chapter then don't forget to vote and comment.