Chapter 46

Armaan's POV

The first time I hold her closer to me; when she was sobbing in her sleep and I hug her trembling body, this was the very moment she leaves a subtle yet profound impact on my heart. Thinking about the past, I have never imagined, that certain little moment with her will change my feelings. The way she pours her heart in front of me, in her sleep, unaware of anything makes my heart to get connected to hers. And every second I have spent with her just ascertain this element. And I have been oblivious of it until this night. Ignorant or perhaps I don't want to accept this throughout the time due to my commitment to Zainab or maybe I was apprehensive to hurt Zara.

This night when she becomes afraid for the mere cut on my hand just makes me realize how much I have been devoid of this. The anxious look in her eyes when the blood starts oozing out of the bruise prompts all my pain to fly away like a reckless bird flies in the bluish clear sky.  And then I let her do whatever is in her mind.

Seeing her getting worried, searching for ointments and in the same search due to the scrambling to get everything quickly, rendering other things to fall just makes me smile. And when she takes my broad hand in her smaller one spurs my smile to get deeper. I never thought she can get this concerned for me. And for unknown reasons, it gives puffs of happiness to my heart.

Despite saying anything, I have decided to watch her applying medicine on my hand but little does she know, at the same time, she is doing something with my heart as well. She slowly brushes her slender fingers on the back of my hand but my eyes are just fixed on her worrisome eyes which are worried due to me.

I halt an incoming laugh glimpsing her being so cautious in rubbing the ointment on the cut as once she gets a little hard, she will end up hurting me. An idea flicker in my mind and the side of my lips curl up in to form a smirk. I fake a flinch which results in her stop doing what she is doing. She looks up at me.

"And you were saying its nothing."

"When you will rub this harshly, then it will surely hurt," I tell her.

She again looks up at me but this stare is different than the preceding ones. Her eyes have a concerned look in them. These eyes are uneasy due to my uneasiness.

"I am sorry, I will do with care now, " she mumbles.

Her voice becomes dull and anxious and her eyes reciprocate the same sentiments. This fabrication turns out to be the biggest turn-up of my life. My eyes linger on her dark black eyes which are twinkling. She can say something like this for me is so unexpected to me. She will get worried for a small cut on my hand is alone surprising for me. It's like I am in a haze of her glimmering eyes.

"Do you have any idea what you are doing to me?"

My stare roams from her eyes to her lips. Her naturally pink-tinted lips! The same lips which have once quivered under my touch, the same lips which always pull me towards them like an enchantment.

"Huh?"

Without thinking anything, I purse the side of her face with my hand and lean closer to her. I can comprehend her heartbeat getting bizarre when I go nearer to her; mine is no different than her. Her hot breath fans all over my face. In this proximity, the smell of her sweet perfume is filling my nostrils. I glance once again at her beautiful pink lips and in a split second, I slam my lips on hers.

The feeling is so exquisite and fascinating. I press my lips on hers which makes her lose balance. Before her back can hit the crown of the bed behind, I lay my hand on her back, pulling her closer to me once again.

My phone rings and this is when the reality hits me. I quickly pull away from her. But what hits me more is her reaction. She is fixed in her position with her eyes gape open, staring at me. Within the blink of an eye, a teardrop rolls down her right cheek. Have I just kissed her? Is she crying? If so then why is she crying?